Ladies: Fashion by Sign :)

Shawna

I just read this online and it nailed me (Cancer) and my sister (Aquarius) so close that I thought it worthy of my SF friends. See if it hits close to home for you.

Every sign has particular fashion obsessions, so why not embrace them? It's time we stopped condemning Pisces for their shoe fetish and shaming Virgos for their preoccupation with natural cotton. If you're out of touch with your sign's fashion sensibilities, check out the list below. When in doubt, look to the stars for inspiration!

Aries – Rams love to draw attention to their heads. Hats and head scarves are favorite fashion statements, as are hair ornaments like barrettes, combs, and sparkly bobby pins. When Aries men go bald, they generally prefer to shave their heads to sporting an ugly comb-over. This sign's style is sporty and casual, with bright colors used for flair.

Taurus – Classic fashions appeal most to Bulls, who rarely fall victim to fads. Tailored shirts, three-piece suits, and sensible shoes are favored for work, while romantic vintage pieces are worn for play. Their closets are filled with tactile fabrics like velvet, corduroy, and wool. This sign draws attention to their throat with chains, necklaces, and chokers.

Gemini – The versatile Gemini closet is bulging with outfits for every occasion, including job interviews and mountain climbs. Mostly, though, this sign enjoys wildly patterned clothes that are easy to wash and wear. Gloves, bracelets, and rings are among their favorite accessories. Gemini also have a weakness for handbags and briefcases.

Cancer – Charmingly deceptive, this sign likes to wear luxurious lingerie beneath conservative outerwear. When it comes to jewelry, they prefer silver and pearls. The Crab's favorite accessory is the watch, though. This sign loves soft fabrics like flannel, combed cotton, and terry cloth. Their outfit of choice? A threadbare pair of pajamas.

Leo – Sequins and satins and silks, oh my! That's what generally comprises a Leo's wardrobe. This sign also has a special affinity for animal prints and faux fur. Lions are also a big fan of labels, and usually favor one or two designers. Their favorite colors are red, gold, and black – the more dramatic the effect, the better. Gold jewelry is a must.

Virgo – The secret to Virgo's polished look is in the details. This sign loves to accentuate tailored outfits with smart accessories. An alligator clutch, a pashmina scarf, or patterned tights add visual interest to classic forms. This sign's clothes are always fitted and made from the finest fabrics. Polyester makes them break out in a cold sweat.

Libra – Libra is the fashion maven of the zodiac. Look to this sign for the latest trends and smartest looks of the season. Filmy fabrics, flowing materials, and pastel colors are among their favorite forms of expression. People born under the sign of the Scales also love beaded bags and jewelry, and generally wear a signature scent that is flower-based.

Scorpio – Intense, sexy, and mysterious, Scorpio treats clothes as tools for seduction. This sign loves the color black, but will also wear midnight blue or burgundy to indicate a cheerful mood. Every Scorpion has a favorite pair of black pants, and may buy several of the same type to rotate throughout the week. This sign also has a weakness for boots.

Sagittarius – Always on the move, Sagittarius always has a great supply of jeans, tee shirts, sweat pants, and chunky sweaters. This friendly sign leans toward earth tones like orange, brown, and yellow, and chooses footwear based on comfort, rather than fashion. Wardrobe essentials include one nice leather jacket and a pair of funky sunglasses.

Capricorn – When it comes to clothes, the Goat wants simply the best. Knock-offs and synthetic fabrics don't have any place in this sign's closet. Famous for their great legs, Capricorn gravitates toward form-fitting pants and skirts with high slits. Everything else in their wardrobe is classic and tailored, though; there isn't a bead or fringe in sight.

Aquarius – Water-bearers are fashion mavericks. Leave it to this sign to pair a three-piece suit with combat boots. Asymmetrical cuts appeal to their offbeat sensibilities. This sign often shops at vintage stores, and likes to travel back in time with horn-rimmed glasses and platform shoes. Aquarians have a weakness for spandex and vinyl.

Pisces – These daydreamers prefer floating chiffon and shimmering silk to durable wool and cotton. Females often pick dresses or skirts instead of pants, and males dress more for comfort than style. All Fish love shoes, and will have a stunning variety stuffed in their closets, under the bed, and behind the couch. This sign loves the color blue.

Leo – Sequins and satins and silks, oh my! That's what generally comprises a Leo's wardrobe. This sign also has a special affinity for animal prints and faux fur. Lions are also a big fan of labels, and usually favor one or two designers. Their favorite colors are red, gold, and black – the more dramatic the effect, the better. Gold jewelry is a must.

Sequins/satin/silk ~ yes my wardrobe encorporates more of these now!

Fur ~ I own a faux fur gilet but that's the only clothing..I do sleep wrapped in 2 faux fur blankets on top of satin bedding though...so I'm extravagant when it comes to bedtime :googly:

I tend to wear more bright colours in Summer, but I'm mainly an earthy kind of girl and wear browns and blacks. Lately I bought a red top, and I only have gold sequins etc on earthy tones..nothing tacky I hope...(Monsoons not tacky as far as I know!)

And gold jewellery - ewww...Silver or white gold for me.

Cancer – Charmingly deceptive, this sign likes to wear luxurious lingerie beneath conservative outerwear. When it comes to jewelry, they prefer silver and pearls. The Crab's favorite accessory is the watch, though. This sign loves soft fabrics like flannel, combed cotton, and terry cloth. Their outfit of choice? A threadbare pair of pajamas.

nothing like me! I do love silver and pearls, not too keen on watches, I much prefer earrings and necklaces. I do love soft fabrics, mostly velvet although i dont wear it as much anymore. my outwear is never conservative, and i much prefer cool clothes to pyjamas

Sagittarius – Always on the move, Sagittarius always has a great supply of jeans, tee shirts, sweat pants, and chunky sweaters. This friendly sign leans toward earth tones like orange, brown, and yellow, and chooses footwear based on comfort, rather than fashion. Wardrobe essentials include one nice leather jacket and a pair of funky sunglasses.

Oh, yes... :) Though no sweat pants... and I love tight clothes...

Capricorn – When it comes to clothes, the Goat wants simply the best. Knock-offs and synthetic fabrics don't have any place in this sign's closet. Famous for their great legs, Capricorn gravitates toward form-fitting pants and skirts with high slits. Everything else in their wardrobe is classic and tailored, though; there isn't a bead or fringe in sight.

Um.... I would like to be like that but not at all I'm afraid!

Aquarius – Water-bearers are fashion mavericks. Leave it to this sign to pair a three-piece suit with combat boots. Asymmetrical cuts appeal to their offbeat sensibilities. This sign often shops at vintage stores, and likes to travel back in time with horn-rimmed glasses and platform shoes. Aquarians have a weakness for spandex and vinyl.

I picked out two true things - form fitting pants and perhaps offbeat sensibilities. Also the travelling back in time bit.

Aries – Rams love to draw attention to their heads. Hats and head scarves are favorite fashion statements, as are hair ornaments like barrettes, combs, and sparkly bobby pins. When Aries men go bald, they generally prefer to shave their heads to sporting an ugly comb-over. This sign's style is sporty and casual, with bright colors used for flair.

I welcome any opportunity to draw attention to my head. :laughing: I do like to wear baseball caps, but that's only as a sign of laziness and not wanting to fix my hair.

And if by sporty and casual they mean jeans and a t-shirt, then this is right on the money.

I am a Leo, but would not wear anything listed there...but I do wear what is listed under Sagittarius...so I guess I am celebrating my birthday in the wrong month or I have a split personality???

Pisces was way off...my favorite color is red, and im not really all that into shoes...

It did say that males dress for comfort, and i do that...and im a daydreamer...but thats about it. No Gucci for me.

Musical Interlude:

When the moon is in the Seventh House

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius

Aquarius!

Aquarius!

Harmony and understanding

Sympathy and trust abounding

No more falsehoods or derisions

Golden living dreams of visions

Mystic crystal revalation

And the mind's true liberation

Aquarius!

Aquarius!

When the moon is in the Seventh House

And Jupiter aligns with Mars

Then peace will guide the planets

And love will steer the stars

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius

The age of Aquarius

Aquarius!

Aquarius!

Edited by Guest

Scorpio – Intense, sexy, and mysterious, Scorpio treats clothes as tools for seduction. This sign loves the color black, but will also wear midnight blue or burgundy to indicate a cheerful mood. Every Scorpion has a favorite pair of black pants, and may buy several of the same type to rotate throughout the week. This sign also has a weakness for boots.

So not me.....even with my trimmer figure, I don't see myself dressing for seduction. Still, I have been eyeing a lot of boots lately, and I do need some black pants that fit.

This definitely isn't me, I have one hat and that's about it.

I'm really boring, I really love these one pair of jeans I own and wear them way too often- such as now. I also wear a lot of red, blue and black, and not enough other colours.

I suppose casual fits- especially my love for jandals in summer, but I'm starting to get quite a good shoe collection since I started working at a shoe store.