Fads

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember shag carpet?? I had bright red in my bedroom and thought it was totally cool! And a Nothing Book...just a big book of blank pages...mushroom lamps, I had a pink one...earth shoes...that shampoo "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific"...puka shell necklaces, had to have one since David Dassidy had one, still have mine!!

I am getting into the travel back in time thread...any girls remember the Chrissie and Velvet doll where you could make their hair grow by pushing a button??

Little Kiddles!! There were in a perfume bottle and the little doll smelled like the scent...Lilac, Lavender, Honeysuckle, etc. Wish I stil had them!

Edited by Guest

any girls remember the Chrissie and Velvet doll where you could make their hair grow by pushing a button??

I still have my Chrissy doll! Honest! :grin: I always figured maybe someday she'd be worth some money. And I had a purple mushroom lamp, I remember that. I never had the Little Kiddles but we did have Upsie-Downsies. And the dome umbrellas... used to love to walk in the rain with those.

Anyone remember Shrinky Dinks? I don't even know how to describe them, but you'd color in a picture drawn in some sort of plexiglass(?) and then stick it in the oven. It would shrink and make a clear Christmas ornament type thing.

We also had a weaving loom, but all we made were potholders.

I have remembered so much of this stuff with this thread...and I love it!! A lot of great memories coming back...I know she wasn't a fad since she is still around but I was so into Barbie. I even stole my brothers GI Joe so he could beat up Ken and win over Barbie!! Then Midge and P.J and Stacey would fight over Ken. God, I was bizzare as a pre-teen!!!

Bonimo sp? Turkish Taffy, Man I loved vanilla and bananna. You could slam it on your old wooden top desk at school and it would crack up into smaller pieces that were easier to eat.

Speaking of candy I loved the sour apple and sour grape balls that you could chew as bubble gum after you crunched on them for a while.

What about those little wax shaped bottles that had colored flavored liquid in them?

Do they still make this stuff?

rtstuff

Home of the Thundering Herd

I didn't know where to post this so here it is...does anyone remember a book that came out in the 70's "Go Ask Alice"? It was about a teen girl on drugs, then became a TV movie. Well it is being reissued in paperback for it's 35th anniversay. We had to read the book at school and do a report on it, the school was big on all reading it so we would not fall into drugs. Well for some of us we still did...but the book is a good read. Just wanted to share and see if anyone else remembers.

I didn't know where to post this so here it is...does anyone remember a book that came out in the 70's "Go Ask Alice"? It was about a teen girl on drugs, then became a TV movie. Well it is being reissued in paperback for it's 35th anniversay. We had to read the book at school and do a report on it, the school was big on all reading it so we would not fall into drugs. Well for some of us we still did...but the book is a good read. Just wanted to share and see if anyone else remembers.

Oh, I do remember too... I think I was 18 or so when I read it... it was bad... :P:P:P I read it cause a friend of mine insisted... after that experience I had the urge to go and see my dealer... :laughing:

I´m sorry if I offended you, girls, not my intention... it´s just that by then most of us knew what drugs were about...

Edited by Guest