Fads

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice a theme in this thread and it has to do with age difference. Being 46 I relate to those in my age group. Click Clacks I did master and could go quite long with it. The trick was to get it started and let perpetual motion kick in.

Others from our era were Paddleball with that thin rubberband attached to a small rubber ball on one end and stapled to the paddle on the other end. There were Frisbees, Hula Hoops, glow in the dark games (Hocus Pocus was one of them), and so many other toys.

The late sixties also introduced the Nehru jacket, love beads and tie dyed shirts. The seventies brought you pet rocks, mood rings, liesure suits and disco.

When I see the next generation talking about pogs and hackey sacks I can quickly figure out the age group.

Lol...yeah i cracked up!

I just wish i was born so much earlier to experience the cooler things life had to offer back then. Theres alot that would be hard to give up in the generation. But what i wouldnt give to live in the 60's for awhile...and then the 70's for awhile...see concerts get collectables! Oo it would be awesome!

Im jokin about the whole eyes thing...but something was evil...i did remove the batteries and the thing kept going. I was sleeping...and i woke up to this voice saying "Feed Me"

I felt like singing Skid Row and killing a dentist!

lol, little shop was my school production this year!

Furby's definitely had an evil hold on the world, I seemed to be the only one of my friends who didn't feel the need to have one.

Fads that went round my primary school were chatter rings, knuckle bones, marbles, bottletops, sticker collecting, elastics, pokemon, these wierd 'tazo'things, the evil furbie, handball and probably a lot more. Most of these things got banned at some stage or another because they either made the kiddies violent or really annoyed the teachers.

How about denim overalls ; beer logo , ' Who Shot JR ?' or ' The Fonz' t-shirts ; Farrah- Fawcett Shampoo , or jeans with suspenders ( with assorted pins on them ) , a la Mork from Ork or Leo Sayer ? :D

Oh , yes and Slime : a soap-based green transparent goo packaged in a plastic trash can ?

Anyone else remember gak? It was slimy kinda stuff too. And we also had yo-yo's, friendship bracelets, jacks, bouncy balls, wearing odd socks (still do this now though), hair bobbles, baby-gotchis, gameboys, tazo's, hair clips in all colours and shapes, coloured hair mousse, f-bands, knee high rainbow socks, long keychains, troll dolls. I had all that crap plus Cabbage Patch dolls, Care Bears, Cupcake dolls.....

:laughing:

Had a slinky too!

Edited by Guest

Doodle -Art sets ? : You got a poster-sized picture with tons of details in black and white , with a set of colored markers to color it in ? Kind of a teenage coloring book , I guess . Some were even outlined in velvet or were designed for black lights ?

Mattel / Coleco's electronic games : L.E.D blips that represented the players in games like Football , Baseball , Soccer , basketball , etc. Lots of blips and bleeps ... and 9 volt batteries !