This Is Totaling Amazing

rtstuff

my sister, who is 15 now, is constantly online and never gets told off! i guess i paved the way for her

As the youngest of 7, I can attest to the fact that older sibs always pave the way for younger sibs. Parents are always stricter on the older ones because they're the "test cases."

I can relate, though, to the original post of this thread. It is amazing that we can discuss music and be in so many different places here on the 3rd rock. Diversity is a cool thing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jimmy 1104

I think one of the concerns that schools have today is with the number of kids that are getting down right obese. That number is starting to escalate. This number is starting to get larger at much younger age.

In West Virginia the state department of education is altering their lunch offerings by cutting down on the portions that are offered. Soda machines are turned off at certain times of the day. So there is a move to address the obese issue. As far as socialization I don't know of any programs that are out there to target this issue. My school encourages kids to get involved in clubs and activities.

So many high school kids work now days after school so this knocks them out to participating. On the other hand I guess work could be considered as a type of socialization. Also in my school we have a fairly large population of rural kids that have to ride a bus home every evening. This eliminates many from taking part in after school activities.

rtstuff

Marshall University, 1971

Oops sorry about the "totaling"

Hey my Herd just knocked off the 9th rated team in the country, The University of Southern Pennslyvania at Morganhole, aka, the WVU eeridiots also known as USPAM

rtstuff.

The University of West Virginia, The Marshall University Thundering Herd 1971

imagine without the net brad and shawna may never have met!!! although i have a feeling it would have happened another way...!

when i was sixteen i was totally hooked on the internet, an actual addict! my parents banned me because i was spending a fortune of their money on it, so i used to go into internet cafes in town! i even had an internet boyfriend, a lovely boy from london who used to ring me every night and we'd talk for hours. my parents brought me over to meet him after eight months and it all fell apart, but i don't regret a thing!

i use the internet for information all the time - it's fab for doing college research in the comfort of my own home!

imagine without the net brad and shawna may never have met!!! although i have a feeling it would have happened another way...!

I believe that things will happen one way or another, too... if it's meant to be, fate will find a way.

Gis, if you've never seen "Sliding Doors" with Gwyneth Paltrow, it's a fabulous movie about that exact thing - worth the rental.

A relative just married a guy she met on the internet....seems to be a nice guy...a long shot better than the first husband she met the traditional way...let's say I knew there was trouble when I recognized his face on TV...unfortunately, it was a newscast showing a hidden camera view of a bank robber the was armed and dangerous, who had just held up two banks....I recognized it instantly as her husband.

He's out of jail now, after 5 years for armed robbery....sad part, he never had a gun, he just said he did, so it was considered armed robbery anyway.

So did she marry him after he got out? I'm confused.

There are certain people who I have had to tell a different story to about how Brad and I met, because their view of the Internet is so skewed and negative. However, for the most part, people know the real story, and if telling the others a lie to save them from worry and stress about Brad, so be it, it's for the better.

When I first told my mom about Brad (she's one of the ones who knows the real story) she was worried, cuz he was still in PA, and she said, "But living so far apart, you only know what he wants you to know." I reminded her of the cop I dated a couple of years ago, who lived only 20 minutes away, and he turned out to be gay. He only let me know what he wanted me to know. I'm so naive I didn't even know he was gay until I'd dated him for 3 months, and he dumped me through an e-mail! Then it began to sink in and all the little things started adding up...

My point is, it's not a whole lot different. Think about it - if you meet someone face to face, you still only know what they're wiling to share with you, unless you do some investigating on your own. Same thing for Internet. It's a gamble either way.

It is a modern way to meet people...and it can work just as well as initial face to face meetings. Some people express themselves better through written means...they are at a disadvantage in public situations and would never approach a stranger for fear of "in their face" rejection. However, given the chance to ease into a relationship through e-mails, etc....confidence increases and meeting somebody becomes a positive experience.

I met a couple of guys of fthe internet when I was younger, nothing too serious though. however, I must say, I am quite weary about these things so I would never do it again. it's great that it's worked out for you guys, but I will admit that i don't agree with it in principle. you never really know who you are talking to

I believe that things will happen one way or another, too... if it's meant to be, fate will find a way.

And I remember Brad not agreeing with people posting their pictures here!!! :laughing: :laughing: I told him we were not here to find love but to have fun... or something like that... :) Glad that we both were wrong...!! ;)