American Idol 06

_Laurie_

I've been halfway watching it. I don't like all this beginning crap. Do you know about the twins? I don't want to tell you if you don't know. The cowboys were terrible.

[Mini-rant forthcoming] I've had just about all I can take of all these "Brokeback Mountain" jokes. I have not seen the movie, but it looks like a great story with amazing acting that just happens to be about 2 men. A love story is a love story. Why is it deemed acceptable to use that movie as a platform for borderline homophobic jokes all over the media? [/ mini-rant]

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I agree Peaches.....isn't it that way with anything that ends up being good?...people have to mock it, for something to do, and to give the talk show host something to joke about too...

there was a group of protesters infront of one of our theaters when the movie came out...

Hey, if they don't like the subject, then just don't go see it...simple as that, ya know? just like music...if you don't like it, don't listen to it.... okay, I think I'm in the wrong thread..LOL :grin:

i agree with everything you say peaches. i only take a casual interest in the preliminary auditions. i don't like the sick feeling i get in my stomach as a complete voyeur watching these delusional people making a show of themselves and being treated with nothing but disrepect by the judges.

i love the later stages though because they usual have some great talent and great performances.

i haven't heard any homophobic jokes in the wake of 'brokeback mountain' but i agree with you. i would have thought that the majority of intelligent people would be able to accept and appreciate a love story on its merits, and not be distracted by the fact that the two protagonists happen to be male.

having said that, my grandfather was a very traditional man who absolutely adored cowboy movies so my mum was quite glad he never saw this movie! :P

Yeah I like Chris...good clear voice...there's a few of the guys that are pretty good...I don't really care for too many of the girls though....That Ace is okay, and what about the gray haired 29 year old...he's so strange, but he really gets into his singing...reminds me of Joe Cocker with those moves of his...

I couldn't stand Opera voice girl!

I like the grey hair dude... he's a bit strange, but he's nice strange.

I also like crooner dude, but I'm sure he'll be out soon.

And that 17-year-old... Paris Bennett... she's just an unfair entry... I find her way too good for the competition.

I called him last week, Laurie. I am so obsessed with him it isn't even funny. I've joined one of his message boards - here! - and have been checking out his band's ( Absent Element ) website. Here is a link to their page on garageband.com. They are really good...how have they not been signed yet?

I put Mr. Peaches on notice last night. One false move from him and I'm off to Cali to stalk Chris.

You're right, das, only a complete loser would like a guy from North Carolina.

:confused: I thought the one from N Carolina was the blond crusty with the husky but "a bit pitchy in parts" voice, not the bald fella with the mutton chops for whom you are inexplicably hot.

Are my wires crossed? Well...yes they are, or why would I be watching American Idol in the first place?

It is such a bizarre...ermm...phenomenon. Maybe not to you guys, but back here on our planet...

I think there are 3 or 4 contestants from North Carolina, including my beautiful little mutton-chopped bald man.

My dear b-f, the thought of you watching American Idol amuses me more than you will ever know. It seems like the absolute polar opposite of something you would ever lower yourself to watch. Do you curse at the TV while you watch it? :laughing:

Are my wires crossed? Well...yes they are, or why would I be watching American Idol in the first place?

It is such a bizarre...ermm...phenomenon. Maybe not to you guys, but back here on our planet...

My dear b-f, the thought of you watching American Idol amuses me more than you will ever know. It seems like the absolute polar opposite of something you would ever lower yourself to watch. Do you curse at the TV while you watch it? :laughing:

Well, I haven't been quite as "dedicated " to this series as I have the last two...

I don't curse the TV at all (when watching Idol...) Despair occasionally: yes. Cringe: yes..(quite alot). Shake my head in stunned disbelief: oh yes.

The whole thing is eerily fascinating; it's so unlike watching any UK "Talent Show". I don't bother with any of those....A different kettle of fish altogether.

I'm gathering evidence for my thesis on what a weird whacky screwed-up world we live in. You'd be surprised at my diverse sources of research...

My Kids Love Ace...of course the teen girls just love him.....I dont care for any of the girl singers, they are all kind of boring....the guys are doing pretty good...but have you noticed alot of them have such bad teeth, what's up with the teeth this year?

Hey Peach, I'm a big fan of this guy too. I went to his band's website and his picture has been blacked out on the front page. Reckon he's been kicked out of the band?

My wife has informed me of her plans to run off with Ace should I slip up.

Hey, it's Eggplant! 'Sup, man? :grin: I think the band is probably sick of all the "OMG Chris is sooo hott!" attention they've been getting. I feel bad for them. It's a double edged sword, isn't it? The attention is good, but it overshadows the talent. Such is life.

I don't get it about Ace. He's too pretty. I want a man, dang it.