American Idol 06

_Laurie_

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually going to watch it if they're doing Queen songs only. I hope someone does "Don't Stop Me." What would really be cool is if someone chose a song off Queen II. They won't, because it doesn't have any big hits, but it would be cool.

listening to Bucky do Queen will be like listening to Pavarati sp? do Rap. I am probably wrong on this,but something tells me to watch out for Kelly. I know it sounds wierd, but I think the little "vamp" is goint to pull it off.

rtstuff

Huntington, West Virginia aka "Little Hollywood"

I didn't see the results this week. Please tell me Bucky is gone.

Kelly is the epitome of blonde jokes...but she can sing.

I adore Elliot. Now he's the man! Chris is too cookie cutter.

Words that should never come from Paula's mouth:

"Elliot, you are one funky white boy"! :stars:

Nice kid....no idol.

Something else that bugs me...Bucky and Ace. Come on guys, your mothers did not name you that. What do you want to bet Bucky is actually Billy-Jim-Bob, and Ace is probably Sylvester or something completely mundane like James? No offence to any James' or Billy-Jim-Bobs. :)

Today is Saturday Batman.....geeesh how much did you drink last night? :jester:

too much...too much :laughing:

Anyways, tonight's was the first I've seen, and was this a bad night, or is this a bad season? Katharine and Chris were the only ones that really stood out to me tonight. Paris was good too (although I thought she was better in the other episode I saw, the tryouts). The rest were kinda below average. Bad song choices for the most part. I'm surprised nobody chose "Don't Stop Me." That's the perfect AI "upbeat song," because the singer can do an upbeat and fun song without sacrificing any musical credibility. "Don't Stop Me" is a challenge to sing (well), but when those guys sang songs like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" "We Will Rock You" and "Fat Bottomed Girls" they just seemed like some goofy drunk guys at a karaoke bar, especially Taylor (grey haired guy, right?). And why did that one guy sing "We Will Rock You?" That's just about the worst song you can pick if you want to show vocal talent. Anyways, Chris' rendition of "Innuendo" was good, but Paula went overboard when she basically implied that he did it better than Freddie Mercury would have done it live. Katharine's version of "Who Wants To Live Forever" was also good, and I don't think it's a coincidence that the two best performances were some of Queen's less popular songs. Kellie was funny when she was so confused when Simon told her "it sounded bad on paper."

All in all, I was dissapointed.

It was a bad nite Batman...I don't know why in the world they would want to try and do Queen songs....Queen is a band...It's just not the same trying to have solo singers singing band songs....and then have them ruin the great tunes of Queen....I don't think I've ever heard of the song Chris did, but I kind of liked the alternative sound he put to it...other than that, I didn't care for the others.

Ace is gone in my opinon. Bucky survives again. As I predicted I thought Kelly pulled it off last night. Chris sounds the same everytime out.

Simon to Taylor last night, "Are you drunk".

For our friends across the pond all of these are just my opinons. We will find out the results tonight. I will post nothing of the actual results so not to spoil it for our overseas friends.

rtstuff

I haven't read any of the above posts, because I will only see it tonight (in another hour).Just wanted to tell you about my dream (weird dreams during exams).

I can't remember clearly, but Kelly Pickler and some others made some changes and sang non-Queen songs because they had made some changes before hand. They thought that they wouldn't be able to sing Queen songs, so they chose to sing on next week's theme... which was a relief.

However Chris and Ace weren't among these people, but they didn't sing Queen songs, they sang Stones songs. At leat Chris did... I think... his song was "Sympathy."

A little vague, yes but it was a long time ago! Like this morning