Your Favorite Recipes!

lostxinxyou17

Desserts! Dinners! Snacks! Breakfast even!

Whats your favorite? How do you make it? And how is it special?

Me and Paul made this wonderful spaghetti last night! It was actually Ziti noodles...with Prego Tomato, Basil, and Garlic Sauce. Then, instead of adding Hamburger we took some boneless skinless chicken breasts and cut them up and sauteed them til they were golden brown and then added them to the sauce! It was WONDERFUL! Next time i think Paul is gonna marinade the chicken though.

So...whats your favorite? Or...does your grandma or grandpa or anybody in your family have those famous secret recipes?

Me and paul love to cook, so we would love to know!

here's one of my fave and special recipes:

porcini mushroom risotto

dry porcini mushrooms

regular cup mushrooms

arborio risotto rice

garlic

onions, chopped very finely

vegetable stock

parsley

white wine

olive oil

1. soak the mushrooms in hot water until soft

2. stir fry garlic and onions in olive oil

3. add mushrooms

4. add risotto rice (about half a cup/person)

3. top up with some stock and /or mushroom "juice" to just about cover the rice and stir continuously

4. continue as in step 4 until rice is soft

5. add some white wine and finely chopped parsley

6. season with black pepper and serve with lots of parmesan cheese :)

you can follow the basic risotto principle and add different ingredients like vegetables or tomatoes

Sweet potato muffins with raisins

Ingredients

(to make 12)

1 large sweet potato

1oz plain flour

1tbsp baking powder

1 egg, beaten

8oz butter, melted

250ml mil

2oz raisins

2oz caster sugar

pinch of salt

12 paper muffin cases

icing sugar for dusting

Cook the sweet potato in plenty of boiling water for 45 minutes until tender. Drain the potato and when cool enough, peel off the skin. Place in a large bowl and mash well.

Preheat the oven to 220 degrees celsius. Sift the flour and baking powder over the potatoes with a pinch of salt and beat in the egg.

Stir the butter and milk together and pour into the bowl. Add the raisins and sugar and mix in the ingredients. Spoon the mixture into muffin case and set in a muffin tin. Bake for 25 minutes until golden, dust with icing sugar and serve warm!

* Pork Tenderloin *

1 large tenderloin

Fresh garlic

Minced garlic

Coarsley ground black pepper

A-1 sauce

Marinate tenderloin in A-1 for several hours ahead of roasting time.

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Make several slits in meat, and put cloves of garlic into them.

Roll meat in a mixture of coarse pepper and minced garlic, leaving a lot on the meat to form a crust.

Wrap tenderloin tightly in aluminum foil, and roast for a total of 3 hours, 2 1/2 hours without opening the foil, then 1/2 hour to brown the crust.

Eat!!

This is a really good meal to serve men. Most men have a real meat thing (don't go there!). It's 'specially good with roasted new potatoes and onions.

Now I'm hungry ;)

Baked Cheese Garlic Grits

6 cups chicken broth

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

2 cups regular grits

16 ounces Cheddar, cubed

1/2 cup milk

4 large eggs, beaten

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter

8 ounces grated sharp white Cheddar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 4-quart casserole dish.

Bring the broth, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan. Stir in the grits and whisk until completely combined. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the grits are thick, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the cubed Cheddar and milk and stir. Gradually stir in the eggs and butter, stirring until all are combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with the white Cheddar and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.

Saw this on Paula Deen's show Food Network...had to try it and it is yummy!!

Here's a little recipe I got off of the Food Network a couple of years ago. It's quite popular with our dinner guests. It's served either as a palate cleanser between courses or as a dessert.

Uncle's Moscato Chill

Ingredients: (to serve four)

1 Bottle of Moscato Wine (Elmo Pio is excellent)

2 packages of clear gelatin mix.

1 tea kettle of boiling water

16 Fresh blackberries(may use raspberries instead)

3 or 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary (not absolutely necessary)

Cool whip or whipped cream.

4 lovely but sturdy wine glasses

Preparation:

1-Place the berries in a bowl and squeeze the rosemary over the top of them. ( a light oil will seep from the fresh rosemary) Then place the drained rosemary sprigs in the bowl with the berries. Allow berries to marinate while you prepare other ingredients.

2-Prepare the clear gelatin by following the directions on the package. But use only half the water recommended. Stir the boiling water in with the clear gelatin mix in a bowl.

3-To the gelatin add 16 oz. of the moscato wine. Stir evenly until well mixed.

4-Place 4 berries into the bottom of each wine glass. Remove rosemary sprigs and particles first.

5-Pour the gelatin/wine into the glasses. Leave about 1/4 inch of space at top of wine glass.

6-Allow to cool for about 20 minutes then place wine glasses into the refrigerator to cool and set for at least 2 hours prior to serving time.

7-When ready to serve remove wine glasses from fridge and add a dollop of whipped cream topping. Serve with small dessert spoons. Sweet, cool and refreshing. A nice change from sorbet. The moscato is delicious.

Note: All brands of gelatin differ so check on the dessert after about 1 1/2 hours in the refrigerator. If still liquidy you may place the glasses in the freezer for 1/2 to 1 hour.

Cent' anni!

I dip them in an egg-wash and regular flour mixed with salt and pepper. Not that I make them a lot...I'd rather have someone else make them for me. One of my good friends knows when I go to her house for supper that there had better be fried green tomatoes or there will be hell to pay. :grin:

Try it with a flour cornmeal mixture...and with buttermilk and egg combined to dip in...pure heaven!!

Edited by Guest