***Please read this before posting here***

Sara

We know how hard it is to get published, here's an outlet for your writing skills. Tell a story, fact or fiction, at least a paragraph long about anything: music, your dog, your summer vacation.

If you would like to give feedback or comment on a submission, please restrict your post to constructive criticism and/or praise. (In other words, be nice. This is intended to be a safe outlet.)

:)

Forum Rules Apply

East of the Web is a fantastic site that all serious, enterprising writers (and voracious readers) ought to take a look at.

Publish your own stories and "hyperfiction", read and discuss classics, lots more.

Don't want to steal thunder here at Songfacts. This is another different tool for those compelled to write.

Oh crap!

Sara I just reread the guidelines, and the first time I didn't read carefully enough, so I have a question.

Do lyrics/songs/whateveryouwanttocallit count under the creative writing section? Because I already posted, so if they don't I can edit my post right out of existance.

Of course Scott :), we're happy to have your lyrics up.....I used the word 'paragraph' above which probably makes it sound like we want stories but the reason I said that was simply to get across that we do not want one liners. Also, we re-thought the comment rules and I have edited the guidlines above (just in case anyone is confused :)).

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

If you would like to give feedback or comment on a submission, please restrict your post to constructive criticism and/or praise. (In other words, be nice. This is intended to be a safe outlet.)

Forum Rules Apply

Constructive cricisism would mean "helpful criticism", right? Just making sure.

So...what does one say if it really IS a cr*p poem? Nothing? Wouldn't it give the cr*p poet the notion that the cr*p poem is really good if the audience was forbidden to say, "Man, that's really a cr*p poem?" Isn't it dishonest if I was limited to saying,"That would be much less a cr*p poem if you played with the meter a bit" when it's not the meter but the cr*p poem that's the problem?

Or would you take it upon yourself as moderator to censor the cr*p poems (and maybe the cr*p posts as well) before I had the opportunity to comment?

Did you just read Earth Angel's post about constructive criticism?

If you think it's a crap poem, that's fine.

But you aren't serving any purpose by saying "It's cr*p", other than to hurt the poet's feelings.

So yes, if that's how you feel, then you should just keep quiet. There might be others who find it an alright piece of verse, and they might make helpful suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm, that's a good idea. Perhaps I'll write a short story about a day in the life of Batman. Even better, I'll write a series of stories! They will be called "The Mildly Amusing Adventures of Batman." Or if I wanted more readers, I'd call it "The Slightly Arousing Adventures of Batman." Now nobody steal my idea...or EA's idea, really. I'll probably get started tommorow.

Day one. I woke up. I went downtown to look for a job. I hung out in front of the drugstore.

Day two. I woke up. I went downtown to look for a job. I hung out in front of the drugstore.

Day three. I woke up. I went downtown to look for a job. I got a job, keeping people from hanging out in front of the drugstore.

• 1 year later...

We know how hard it is to get published, here's an outlet for your writing skills. Tell a story, fact or fiction, at least a paragraph long about anything: music, your dog, your summer vacation.

Forum Rules Apply

i noticed it's all poetry.. i do short stories... are they acceptable?

• Brad_M locked this topic