Is TV killing your sex life? A Public Service Announcement

RonJonSurfer

TV in the bedroom halves your sex life - study

ROME (Reuters) - Thinking of buying a TV for the bedroom? Think again -- it could ruin your sex life.

A study by an Italian sexologist has found that couples who have a TV set in their bedroom have sex half as often as those who don't.

"If there's no television in the bedroom, the frequency (of sexual intercourse) doubles," said Serenella Salomoni whose team of psychologists questioned 523 Italian couples to see what effect television had on their sex lives.

On average, Italians who live without TV in the bedroom have sex twice a week, or eight times a month. This drops to an average of four times a month for those with a TV, the study found.

For the over-50s the effect is even more marked, with the average of seven couplings a month falling to just 1.5 times.

The study found certain programmes are far more likely to impede passion than others. Violent films will put a stop to sexual relations for half of all couples, while reality shows stem passion for a third of couples.

A study by an Italian sexologist has found that couples who have a TV set in their bedroom have sex half as often as those who don't.

I´m not Italian and I do have a TV in my bedroom... but I use it to get asleep, it´s so boring... :P

In any case, my TV never interfered with any other things in my life as I rarely watch it... actually, I had to buy one when I worked for TV and also to view the videos that I translate... so I an say TV has helped me a lot! :laughing:

for the love of God, man, explain where the world overpopulation problem comes from! Two times a week? Pitiful.

Twice a day? Well, I find it normal... :shades:

This reminds me of a Jules Feiffer (sp?) cartoon. First panel: a fellow waits in bed, awake. Second panel: his eyes start to close. Third panel: a woman in a filmy nightgown appears, "I'm ready, dear." Fourth panel: the woman now has curlers in her hair and has the TV on as Mr. sleeps, "It's the Tonight Show, with Johnny Carson!" :coolio:

OK guys, fess up. Only the men. You know who you are, sufferers of Andropause!

TV has never ruined my sex life, but this damn Andropause is!!!! Thankfully it didn't hit till I turned 46 last year. I hear some guys start showing signs in their late thirties.

Also, finally they have come up with a reason for us men to be bitchy. Thank God there is TV in my bedroom to keep me from total boredom.