Beards...a good thing?

johnnyguitar

Having a beard is one thing...but having a beard that rocks is something altogether different.

Jim Morisson's beard was godawful and, if we had only known it, signalled cast iron evidence of his imminent demise. The Beatles just looked like pillocks. I venture that all beards are a bit 'Bob Hite'...and only the Top managed to carry them with any degree of conviction.

This thread is not meant to be 'name the blokes with beards'...it's meant to be 'name and shame'....or at least defend the hirsuteness of your favourite beardy. :beatnik:

okay, funny ZZ Top story.

My dad has a great big beard like a mountain man. His co-worker also has a beard - but looking more like ZZ Top-style.

They both went to Japan many years ago and while walking through the airport, people started crowding around asking, "ZZ Top? ZZ Top?" They didn't know what they heck was going on - they were not familiar with ZZ Top so they pretty much just kept walking.

Wonder if ZZ Top's press in Japan that day started flowing counterclockwise. :grin:

It has always seemed funny to me that the only me that Frank is tne only member of the trio with no long beard. Isn´t it ironic? He should let his beard grow, I think.

Whilst it was inevitable that the clean shaven quality of Mr. Beard would receive some attention here I will leave it to more cunning linguists to decide whether it constitues 'irony' (where's Blind Fitter when you need him?)

I guess it might be ironic if the other two were called Billy Shaver and Dusty Cleanchops or something...I dunno....I'm rambling now :googly:

Cheers for the birthday wishes!

It's only just "today" over here, O55, (11.05 a.m)so there's plenty of my birthday left yet! I'm at work }:( but planning to finish early for a birthday tea with the nippers and open a few more presents. Tonight, the missus and I are off out to a gig, so its going to be pretty busy and I won't be posting later on.

If I get any interesting music-related pressies (and I hope I will), I'll post details later on the "HappyBirthday Blind-Fitter" thread that Foxy so thoughtfully started up. What a sweetie!