French Oral Presentation

Danielj

I decided to do this for my french speaking project . . . It kinda of hit home as I was doing it how much life is worth, and how selfish it is for developped countries like canada, the U.S. and Britain to be wasting time and money while people are dying. We probably don't have thatmany Frechies here on the boards, but i'll post it anyway. . . I think I have a song to come soon too . . . Oh, and I havernt corrected the french yet, so no one think I'm dumb please. :blush: :P

Bonjour, aujourd'hui je vais vous parler de un sujet tellement interessant. Un sujet qui, si vous ecoutiez bien, pourrait changer la vie des millions. Un sujet qui peut parraitre hors de nos mains, mais un qui est vraiment pas trop loin de tout. Aujourd'hui, je vais vous parler de la pauvrete en Afrique. Les milles sont mort chaque jour en Afrique de la famine, de la mal-nutrition et d'autres problemes de sante. Au cours de se discours, je vais vous donner les raisons de pourquoi Afrique est si pauvre, ce qui est fait metenant pour arreter la pauvrete en Afrique, et ce que VOUS pouvez faire pour aider le cas.

Pourquoi, demandez-vous, est-ce que l'Afrique est si pauvre? Le plus grand probleme est de la gouvernement mauvaise. Les gouvernements aident aux riche a devenir plus riche, et aux pauvres rester pauvre. Je dirait plus pauvre, mais avec la moyenne des Africains gagner moins que $0.65 Americain, sela cera preque impossible. Par example, la president de Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, as un plan pour partager la terre entre la peuple. Un fermier chanceux, mais encore pauvre, qui avait un grand ferme et les tracteurs, avait son ferme coupe en 12 pieces, mais cela n'etait pas la probleme. Quand la fermier voulait entrer et prendre ses tracteurs, les hommes plus riche ont l'arreter. La fermier etait la promis par un court la permission dentrer avec les ploiciers et reposseser ses tracteurs. Mais quand il a venu au poiciers, ils ont dit que il n'y avait pas d'autos. Mas, la, les memes riches hommes qui ne laissait pas le fermier repossesser ses tracteurs ont vwenu au policiers pour l'aide avec les voleurs, 4 officiers et vehicules ont ete donner. Ceci est seulment un exemple de la gouvernement corrompu. Les gouvernements ne respecte pas les loies qui aident la peuple generaux. La seul pays qui travaille bien depuis l'independence est Botswana. Ce n'est pas un coincidence que la moyenne revenu est devenu $3000 de presque rien.

Les efforts qui arrivent metenant pour aider les pauvres en Afrique sont tres morale, et ils sont une bonne effort, mais ils ne sont pas les decisions intelligent. Par exemple, Live 8 a detruit la debte de 18 pays, mais cela aide la gouvernement, pas la peuple qui sont dans les rues en famine, et qui vient en maisons pire que les maisons pour nos chiens en Amerique du Nord. Il n'y as pas d'argent qui vas directement au peuples. Aussi, il n'y avait pas de regles demander qui inclue banner les fusils. Et la plus grande probleme etait ignorer. En Amerique, il y avait un plus grande moyenne pour les subventions de chaque fermeur de cotton que TOUT l'economie des certains pays en Afrique. Ce n'est pas seulment la faute des gouvernements en Afrique pour la pauvrete d'Afrique, mais au gouvernements des pays developper aussi. La subvention est de l'argent donner au personnes, ou companies qui sont au 'interet public'. Pour ce raison, les companies de cotton et beurre etc. Peut vendre leurs choses pour moin, mais encore gagner l'argent. Cela cause les gouvernements et companies de l'Afrique d'acheter les marchandises des pays developper, au lieu de l'acheter des fermiers pauvre de leur pays meme. C'est un question d'humanite, est-ce qu'on veut possiblement sauver les vies des millions, ou acheter les grains pour 10 sous de plus? Ethiquement, nous devons acheter nos marchandises de l'Afrique, pas l'autre facon!

Qu'est-ce que nous pouvons faire pour changer ceci? Comme la jeunesse du pays, et les chefs prochaines du pays, nous devons augmenter la conscience de ce fait et, quands nous sommes permit de voter, faire certain qu'on fait la bonne choix. Les vies des personnes est la plus grand issue au monde metenant, meme si nos chefs ne le voie pas. Qu'est-ce qui est plus important, les vies des millions, ou un sous de difference dans nos taxes? Aussi, nous pouvons supporter les organizations comme War Child, et meme les gens ils meme qui vont a l'Afrique pour aider. Comme j'ai dit, c'est un question d'ethiques, vous savez metenant ce qui fait la difference, fait la bonne choix. Merci.

If I could speak french, I'd probably be praising you right now, but as I don't, I can only say you've made one hell of an effort!

Our french oral presentations had to involve name, address, family, friends and hobbies. How I managed to get through that - I still have no idea - 7 years later and it's a faded memory!

I couldn´t write such a text in English when I was in school... :) so I guess you´re on the right way as usual, Dan!!! And good to be concerned about the things you point on your presentation...

Yet you say you have to correct your French, there you´re right, you have some grammar and spelling to correct... but nobody here would call you precisely "dumb"... :thumbsup:

Here's what the free online translator says:

Hello, today I will talk about you a subject so interessant. A subject that, if you ecoutiez well, could change the life of the million. A subject that can parraitre outside our hands, but a that is really not too far of all. Today, I will talk about you the pitiful one in Africa. The thousand are dead every day in Africa of the famine, evil nutrition and of other health problemes. During itself speeches, I will give you the reasons of why Africa is so poor, this that is done metenant for arreter the pitiful one in Africa, and this that YOU can do to help the case.

Is why, do you ask, Africa so poor? The biggest probleme is bad government. The governments help the rich one has to become richer, and to the poor ones to remain poor. I would say poorer, but with the average of the Africans to win less than $0.65 Americain, sela cera preque impossible. By example, the president of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, have a plan to divide the earth between the people. A lucky farmer, but again poor, that had a big farm and the tractors, had his farm cuts in 12 pieces, but that do not n'etait the probleme. When the farmer wanted to enter and take its tractors, the richer men have the arreter. The farmer etait promised it by a current the permission dentrer with the ploiciers and reposseser its tractors. But when it has come to the poiciers, they said that there was not of car ones. My, the, the rich memes men that did not leave the farmer repossesser its tractors have vwenu to the policemen for the assistance with the thieves, 4 officers and vehicules have ete to give. This is seulment an example of the corrupt government. The governments does not respect the loies that help the people generaux. The alone country that works well since the independence is Botswana. This is not a coincidence that the returned average became $3000 of almost nothing.

The efforts that arrive metenant to help the poor ones in Africa are moral tres, and they are a good effort, but they are not the intelligent decisions. For example, Live 8 has detruit the debte of 18 countries, but that helps the government, not the people that are in the streets in famine, and that comes in houses worse than the houses for our dogs in Amerique of the North. There are not money that go directly to the peoples. Also, there was not regles to ask that included banner the rifles. And the biggest probleme etait to be unaware of. In Amerique, there was a bigger average for the every fermeur subsidies of cotton than ALL the economy of the certain countries in Africa. This is not seulment the fault of the governments in Africa for the pitiful one of Africa, but to the governments of the countries developper also. The subsidy is money to give to the persons, or companies that are at the 'public interet'. For this reason, the companies cotton and butter etc. Can sell their things for moin, but again to win money. That causes the governments and companies of the Africa to buy the merchandises of the countries developper, instead of to buy it poor farmers of their country meme. This is a humanite question, does one want possibly to save the lives of the million, or buy the grains for 10 under of more? Ethiquement, we must buy our merchandises of Africa, not the other facon!

What we can do to change this? As the youth of the country, and the next bosses of the country, we must increase the conscience therefore and, when we are permit to vote, do certain that one does the good choice. The lives of the persons is the biggest exit to the world metenant, meme if our bosses not the way. What is that more more more important, the lives of the million, or an under of difference in our taxes? Also, we can bear the organizations as War Child, and meme the people they meme that go has the Africa to help. As I said, this is an ethiques question, you know metenant this that does the difference, does the good choice. Thank-you.