Franz Ferdinand

Jillianne

• 1 month later...

I know they're not "Unknown", but they don't get much chat here on the boards. I just checked out their self-titled debut CD and I think I'm going to be listening to it a lot.

When I bought it on Amazon, the group was compared to Joy Division (I have never listened to them, so I don't know if that's true).

Entertainment Weekly put them on their "Must" list and put their album among the "12 alternative albums you need to own", if that means anything to anybody. Check them out.

Holy shitzu!

If you guys like Franz, you will definitely dig The Killers. In an alternate world, Franz Ferdinand would be called The Killers. Thank goodness than in this bizarro world we have both! Get The Killers' new album, Hot Fuss. It's good all or most of the way through, but esp. songs like "Somebody Told Me," "Andy, You're A Star," and "Change Your Mind." That's three initial songs right there with the potential to like the rest just as well... better than the usual one good song that most other albums have :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

i heard franz ferdinand's new single last night and it sounded quite good so i'm hopefully that their new album, to be released in October, will be good too (although perhaps not as amazing as the first one, the single wasn't as catchy as "take me out")

oh and the new album is called "you could have it so much better"

• 1 month later...

you know, I played them to my 14yr old sister last year and she didn't pay attention, note that she likes crappy chart music. however this year, when I went home over the summer she wanted me to play "take me out" constantly! there is still hope for her

That's probably because they ended up being in the charts, but that's okay because your music taste changes so much while you're a teenager that there is definitely hope.

I love Franz Ferdinand, they are coming to Auckland next year for the Big Day Out, a music fest that travels through Australia and comes to New Zealand every year. The White Stripes are coming too, I just hope that I can afford it.