How close are you to your other half?

Earth-Angel

I had this question come up recently and I had to laugh at some of the answers from my friends!

Do you share the same spoon to eat ice cream romatically gazing into each others eyes, or do your lips curl at the thought of their gobby germs inching towards your mouth and recoil in horror at the thought?

How close are you to the person you share your heart and home with? And how close is too close?

I think PDA's (Public Displays of Affection) are alright as long as all hands are on deck and there are no tongues - but some people don't seem to have got this memo and will sit at the table with you canoodling like they are the only ones in the room... ugh! :P

Is there a Zen-like calm whenever they are around, or does their every little habit irritate you to distraction?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my boyfriend and I can't stand couples who are all over eachother, a lived with a friend who was like that with her boyfriend and it was quite icky!

i like sharing too, some habits rritate me but it generally depends what mood i am in

anyway, in general we are really close, we are like friends too, and I would tell him anything, which is probably pretty bad

I don't mind sharing utensils, straws, etc., with my husband. We often split desserts at restaurants.

As for PDA's.....my husband's really cautious about that. We do hold hands or he will throw an arm around me, and we probably will exchange small kisses, but there's no tonsil hockey in public.

I'll share utensils and such with Mr. Peaches. I'll hold his hand in public, but like Jenny said, no heavy petting. I will, however, pinch his behind when no one is looking just to freak him out.

At home, I'll snuggle a little bit, but I have a general "no hovering" rule. If the situation calls for a hug or a kiss, so be it. But if not, get off me. It's not necessary to paw all over each other every single second. I need some elbow room, man. :grin:

what was that joke about the three stages of sex in a marriage? First year it's on the kitchen table, the living room rug, the bathtub - anywhere but the bedroom. Second year it's just in the bed - nowhere else. Third year it's passing each other in the hallway and saying "F*** you" to each other. :grin:

Not into complete over-the-top PDAs, but holding hands, hugging, and a kiss here and there is fine.

As far as "close," well... I think we couldn't get much closer. We snuggle every opportunity we get, we spend almost every waking moment together that we both have off work simultaneously - and it's enjoyable! Even if/when he has to go back home for a while (to tie up some family issues), we'll still be close... while being 3,000 miles apart.

Is this what they call "love"? :grin:

Lyrical interlude:

"Baby, how much closer can we be?

Well, I'd swear you've become a part of me.

You are with me everywhere I go...

And if you feel it, I already know..."

~Stevie Nicks~

I love to cuddle and hold hands, and I find a sweet tender kiss or 2 in public fine, but not when sat at the table with others.

It's comforting to feel his hand holding mine or his arm around my waist, walking in step :)

I'd die without cuddles and affection - I never was a "huggy" person before, but I've really found another side to myself with him. I love to be around him, even when I have my own personal time, I like him to be around :)

I'd die without cuddles and affection - I never was a "huggy" person before, but I've really found another side to myself with him. I love to be around him, even when I have my own personal time, I like him to be around :)

you nailed it right there, Sue. My sentiments perfectly written.

We've always had our own rooms before, and now we are sharing one - and I am getting little or no sleep! How do married couples stay in one bed and stay married???

Well, sometimes it´s so warm to wake up in the middle of the night -mainly when it´s cold outside- and find that other half by your side... but other times yes, it´s great to have your own room, with your own bathroom... your own music, your own telephone lines, your own keys... oh, I´m missing single life... :laughing:

Simple heat generators and as comforting as a stuffed toy ( beware a woman with too many of those , BTW ) ! That's how they'll eventually come to see us , boys ! As Edna says , enjoy those single years -- and don't be hasty ! ;)

Well, that´s not exactly what I feel about my other half... :laughing: :laughing: And I have great heating in the whole house... :) But yes, enjoy single years...but always have someone in case you don´t want to sleep alone... ;)