Def Leppard Goes Glam...new cover album

RonJonSurfer

Def Leppard Gets All Covered Up

Their new covers album 'Yeah!' will be released in the spring.

British rockers Def Leppard are set to pay tribute to their favorite tracks by other artists on a new album of covers.

The band has recorded classic tracks like Roxy Music's "Street Life" and "10538 Overture" by Elo for the new album 'Yeah!' which they plan to release this spring.

Guitarist Vivian Campbell tells Rolling Stone magazine that many of the tracks have a glam-rock, T-Rex-type feel to them because the band wanted to emulate Marc Bolan.

He says, "I saw Marc Bolan and T Rex in 1971 on (British pop show) Top Of The Pops and I knew I wanted to play guitar. So most of the songs come from the glam era."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

They have released two of the songs from the new album on the British and US version of their new Greatest Hits albums (Waterloo Sunset and No Matter What) and they are great songs. Also I saw them in concert oct. 24 '05 and they performed their version of David Essex's Rock on and did such a great job with it I can't wait for the album to be released!

And Def Leppard has released an UNofficial tracklist for the album which at the moment is scheduled to release Spring '06

01. Waterloo Sunset (Kinks)

02. 21st Century Boy (T-Rex)

03. Little Bit Of Love (Free)

04. Drive In Saturday (David Bowie)

05. Street Life (Roxy Music)

06. Hanging On The Telephone (Blondie)

07. The Golden Age Of Rock N Roll (Mott The Hoople)

08. Don't Believe A Word (Thin Lizzy)

09. Rock On (David Essex)

10. He's Gonna Step On You Again (aka Step On)(John Kongos, also covered by Happy Mondays & The Party Boys)

11. 10538 Overture (ELO)

12. Hellraiser (Sweet)

13. No Matter What (Badfinger)

14. Stay With Me (Faces)

Like I said totally unofficial, and they did record more songs like: Amaerican Girl by Tom Petty however I cannot find the list on their website, will update this when I find it.

Edited by Guest
Added Info