What won't you eat?

Jimmy1104

This topic came up at work and I thought it was a good question.

Some of us have had a bad experience with some kind of food which completely turned us off to that food. For me it is celery. While I can eat it when minced in a salad, I will not eat a celery stalk. When I was in 5th grade, I remember leaving the lunchroom in school with a celery stick in my hand. While walking upstairs I was munching on that stalk when all of a sudden I got so stomach queasy I barfed. From that day on I will not eat celery.

What food if any will you not eat?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with youse kids on the animal innards, and I can't stand seafood, either. I like the frozen breaded fishsticks, but that's as far as it goes.

But my singular experience with a particular food is pickles. When I was about 6, I'd never had a pickle before. But my sister loved them. So at a friend's house one day I stuffed an entire pickle in my mouth, thinking it would be great! My sister loves them, right? I hurled. And Brad wasn't even there to tell me he loved me that time. :(

I can't eat them on anything, but if they're diced up really really really really really really really small, I can eat them in macaroni or potato salad. That's about it.

I also think it's the texture of the tomatoes that I don't like. I won't eat shredded coconut because it feels like there's hair in my mouth.

Biting into a tomato is kind of like biting into a head, isn't it?

...Lord, give me the strength not to respond to these statements...Lord, give me the strength not to respond to these statements...Lord, give me the strength not to respond to these statements...

Edited by Guest
I just realized daslied's comment was brimming with possibilities for naughtiness as well.

We love you Peaches!! :bow: To not give in to that temptation takes a lot of willpower! :D

I quite like biting into a firm, juicy tomato, or those little cherry or vine tomotoes - they're all squishy and squirty! I don't like the wrinkly ones, as soon as the skin starts to pucker - in the bin or into the garden they go!!

Green tomato relish or jam is good too!