Your inner animal (Chinese zodiac)

Otokichi

A private discussion led to a search for Chinese new year date and animal zodiac pages. I had thought that I was a Rat, but a look at links at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac make me a Pig/Boar. (Pay close attention to the beginning of Chinese new year; as a December 1948 arrival, I'm definitely not a Rat.) So, I share this sign with: Elton John, Arnold Scwarzenegger, etc. Another page, http://www.rainfall.com/horoscop/chinese.htm allows you to see your character traits correspond to your animal zodiac sign. (That explains why I'm not a killer businessman nor an accumulator of fortunes!) Have fun, and remember that the month/day/hour of your birth, along with yin/yang elements further define you. "Kung Hee Fat Choy," as the Cantonese merchants of Hawai'i say!

I'm a tiger... notice Brad's avatar? :grin:

I share my tigger-ness with (among others):

Jay Leno, talk show host

Stevie Wonder, singer

Alec Guinness, actor

Amanda Bynes, actress

Leonardo DiCaprio, actor

Steve Irwin, wildlife conservationist

Ludwig van Beethoven, composer

Marilyn Monroe, actress

Groucho Marx, actor/comedian

Tom Cruise, actor

I'm most impressed with Steve Irwin and Marilyn! :grin:

* Napoleon, Emperor of the French

* Raven-Symoné, actress

* Meg Ryan, actress and producer

* Mischa Barton, actress

* Peter Jackson, filmmaker and producer/director/writer of the well known The Lord of the Rings film trilogy

* B.B. King, blues singer

* Laurence Fishburne, actor

* Madeleine Albright, former United States Secretary of State

* Colin Powell, former United States Secretary of State

* The Baroness Thatcher, former British Prime Minister

* Gerald Ford, former President of the United States

* Zachary Hanson, American singer and drummer

* Anthony Hopkins, actor

* Diana, Princess of Wales

* Jim Carrey, actor

* Eddie Murphy, comedian and actor

* Bruce Springsteen, American singer and songwriter

* Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac, American musician

* Barbara Bush, former First Lady of the United States and mother of George W. Bush

* Charlie Chaplin, actor, director and producer

* Jeff Probst, reality television host

* Barack Obama, United States Senator from Illinois

* Adolf Hitler, dictator---icky...

Edited by Guest

I was born in the year of the snake, so were:

Picasso, Carole King, Greta Garbo, Abraham Lincoln, Henry Ford II, Edgar Allen Poe Henry Fonda, John F. Kennedy, Jackie Kennedy, Bob Dylan, Art Garfunkel, Audrey Hepburn, Liz Hurley, Brad Pitt, Oprah Winfrey and Virginia Woolf.

I'm a goat which seems to have been lumped together with the sheep...great, I've always wanted to be a sheep :smirk:

* Michelangelo, artist

* Amy Davidson, actress

* Carrie-Anne Moss, actress

* Mel Gibson, actor, director, producer

* Ian Holm, actor

* Alain Prost, Multiple F1 World Champion

* Kimi Räikkönen, F1 driver

* Zhang Ziyi, actress

* Chow Yun Fat, actor

* Jeff Corwin, Animal Planet host

* Jimmy Smits, actor

* Kurt Cobain, singer and guitarist

* John Kerry, former presidential candidate

* Joni Mitchell, musician

* Marcel Proust, writer

* Bill Gates, Chairman of Microsoft

* George Harrison, musician

* Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer

* Bruce Willis, actor

* Dennis Wilson, musician

Cool!

Edna is also a goat! :rockon:

The year of the pig.

Jack Ruby, assassin

Humphrey Bogart, actor and star of Casablanca.

Ronald Reagan, former President of the United States

Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor and Governor of California

Thomas Jefferson, former president of the United States

Elton John, singer

Ewan McGregor, actor

David Letterman, talk show host

Lee Kwan Yew, Singapore's first Prime Minister

THE ROOSTER

Roosters are the most eccentric of the Chinese zodiac. They are full of dreams and romantic ideas. They are colorful and attractive, radiant and dashing, and they are quite proud of themselves. Roosters are organized, precise,and their sharp eyes seek out fine details in everything. They are perfectionists and leave no room for human error. To Roosters, a difficult task is a challenge. They dearly love starting controversies. Roosters express themselves very well both in writing and speech. They are knowledgeable in most subjects you wish to discuss. When you challenge them you must be prepared for a long fight. Their stamina is amazing and they win their point at all costs. Even when they are wrong, they will still be right in one way or another!

Roosters can be blunt and brutal. Their direct approach to life makes them poor diplomats. They speak their minds with little regard for the feelings of others.Why should others be upset? Roosters are right, aren't they?

Roosters are good at handling money and their self-control with keeping budgets is phenomenal. They are not miserly, and in fact, they can be extremely generous and giving. They simply want their finances in complete accord, and yours, too. If you have trouble, Roosters quickly straighten you out whether you want them to or not. Don't be ungrateful either, you should be glad they condescended to help you at all. Roosters are careful with their time and you only deserve so much, so plan things well. Roosters are sincere in their desire to help and no one can carry out important tasks like them. Just be certain your orders are explicit and don't expect them to improvise for you on their own time.

Roosters are ambitious and they reach for the sky. They have a deep passion for their chosen fields, and they are very creative. They usually start out young in life and enjoy success early in their careers. They do well in their own businesses. They are meticulous and competent enough to make things work. When they set out to accomplish something, they leave no stone unturned. They probe deeply with their inquisitive, busy minds. They never remain still. Roosters must learn that some things take time. No matter how competent they are, they can't reprogram the whole world to fit their schedules! They achieve the most amazing things, but Roosters always become eccentric over the final details.

Never underestimate Roosters. They are optimistic and dauntless. They never change their course of action even if the world thinks they are wrong! They are so determined to make some of their wild and idealistic plans work that their plans often do work. With their many splendid talents and eccentric ways, Roosters hit it big!

Celebrities Born in The Year of Rooster

* Ellen DeGeneres, comedian, talk show host

* Jay-Z, rapper

* Eric Clapton, guitarist

* Yoko Ono, musician and wife of John Lennon

* Rod Stewart, singer

* Mia Farrow, actress

* Natalie Portman, actress

* Britney Spears, singer

* Hayden Christensen, actor

* James McGreevey, former governor of New Jersey

* Anna Kournikova, tennis player

* Osama bin Laden, religious extremist leader

* Fernando Alonso, F1 World Champion

:laughing: of course joe would have his own zodiac animal!

i'm a pig like foxy and the personality characteristics are fairly close to the mark i think!

It is thought that each Earthly and Celestial sign is associated with certain personality traits. People of this sign are honest and tolerant and make good friends. Pigs however tend to expect the same from everyone else, they often end up disappointed when they learn otherwise of people. Viewed often as naïve, a pig is very trusting.

Pigs are often associated with honour and valour, caring deeply and behaving chivalrously. They will attempt to make peace over fighting and will make excessive concessions if it means peace. A pig serves companions well and will often do the dirty work for the good of those around them. Pigs thrive in the arts as entertainers. Pigs live best with other pigs. They do not get along with snakes.

Contrary to its rather negative reputation in the West, the Pig of Chinese Astrology may be the most generous and honorable Sign of the Zodiac. Pigs are nice to a fault and possess impeccable manners and taste. They have so much of the perfectionist in them that others may be inclined to perceive them as snobs, but this is a misconception. Pigs are simply possessed of a truly luxurious nature, one that delights in finery and riches (in surroundings, food, lovemaking and otherwise). This Sign believes in the best qualities of mankind and certainly doesn't consider itself to be superior. Pigs also care a great deal about friends and family and work hard to keep everyone in their life happy. Helping others is a true pleasure for the Pig, who feels best when everyone else is smiling.

A Pig with no one around to appreciate its giving nature is a sad sight. Pigs are so magnanimous they can appear almost saintly; this can lead some less-than-well-intentioned souls to stomp all over this Sign, and the bad news is, the Pig will take the blows! Pigs make great companions in part because of their refusal to see the more negative or base qualities in a partner, but that rose-colored view can lead to this Sign's allowing itself to be taken advantage of. Contrary to their seemingly benign dispositions, however, Pigs can be quite venomous in response to being crossed by a lover, friend or business partner.

Pigs are highly intelligent creatures, forever studying, playing and probing in their quest for greater knowledge. They can be misinterpreted as being lazy, however, due to their love of reveling in the good stuff; this Sign could happily spend hours on end making love, napping, taking a long bubble bath or dallying over an incredible spread of rich foods. Pigs tend to make wonderful life partners due to their hearts of gold and their love of family. Even so, Pigs can be rather exclusive, choosing to spend time with those who will appreciate them most and ignore the rest of the populace. Pigs would do well to realize that there's more to life than being needed. When they open up their world to a diverse group of people, they will truly bloom.

The most compatible match for a Pig is the Rabbit or the Goat.

Oh I missed the second link!

Sheep (goat, I'm a GOAT!!) are the good samaritans of the Chinese zodiac. They are gentle mannered and on the shy side. Being very sincere they are easily taken by a sob story. Sheep people are compassionate,understanding of others' faults, and quick to forgive.

Sheep like to set their own hours and will not tolerate too much discipline. They are also very offended if they are criticized. They cannot work well under pressure and must be allowed to do things at their own speed. Sheep need somebody to discipline them, though, in order to utilize their talents. They usually find someone to look after and care for them.

Good fortune smiles upon the sheep. They benefit from wills and inheritances. Even in the roughest of times, the Sheep always acquire the basic needs. Sheep get their own way without force or violence. They have that passive endurance that drives you mad. Eventually they wear you down with their pleas.You just can't break them!

Sheep never come right out and discuss what's bothering them. You pry it out of them bit by bit. When all else fails, yell at them, and bang things around. They should be impressed and might unfold all their secret woes; then, you can clear the air. The Sheep are family people. They never forget anyone's birthday, and you had better not forget theirs! Sheep worry, too. They want others to cheer them up and tell them everything will be okay.

Sheep overspend and should avoid dealing with money. They find it hard to be practical and would love a life of luxury and ease. Ugly things will depress Sheep. They hate to displease anyone especially their loved ones. They will edge around an issue rather than take a firm stand. Difficulties are a delicate issue with Sheep. They are too sensitive and often overreact. Reassure them often.

Romance is a part of the Sheep's being. Moonlight and roses, soft music and candlelight will get them every time. They tend to view the world through rose-colored glasses. Sheep do not usually have to work hard. Good things just happen naturally. They need bright, airy surroundings and excel in creative fields. Appreciation of their talents make Sheep glow, and with encouragement, they can go far in life.

I sound positively delightful :)

All my life I thought I was a rabbit (hare) And now it turns out I missed that by a month and I'm a tiger. Now I have to traumatically alter my entire self-schema.

You are not a rabbit, you are a tiger... rabbit, no, tiger, yes...

This is too hard! I'm staying a rabbit! I have enough stress in my life choosing between Capricorn and Aquarius when reading my horoscope.

edit: I have also discovered Johnny Depp is a fellow rabbit.

Edited by Guest

yeah... I didn't want to post the description of the tiger, cuz it wasn't me at all. }:(

I have a book that's called "the Secret Language of Birthdays" and it gives a description of all the days of the year and what the people are like who were born on that day. It nails me to the post. It's correct about my sister. It's correct about my brother, my ex-husband, etc. It's eerie, really.

I think the Tiger one is too generalized, because nothing about it is like me that I can see... maybe I should ask Brad...

I, like my hero Crazy Don, am a rooster. He's given all the stats, so I won't bore you again with it. I think the description is fairly accurate.

I'm amused by my list of fellow roosters. The ones that caught my eye were Yoko Ono, Britney Spears and Osama Bin Laden. I'm in fine company, indeed.

I have the greatest rooster joke and can't possibly post it here. :shades: