What Did I Miss?

Jimmy1104

I haven't been around since August, having to fulfill certain commitments that took me out of the country on a whirlwind tour of 7 other countries. Darn Job! I got back in time for the holidays!

I kinda checked the Missing thread and I don't think I was mentioned.....figures, was never missed. Oh well, but anyway what did I miss? Has Edna hit a million posts yet?

Jimmy! Of course you were missed. I like reading your posts...intelligent with a sly sense of humor. Good stuff. Now you have to tell us what you do that would take you on a whirlwind tour of 7 countries. I've never been on a whirlwind anything in my whole life. :grin:

What did you miss?

Edna hasn't made it to a million yet, but I just looked and she has reached 14,000. Good gravy, I'll bet she has sores on her behind from sitting in front of the computer all day.

We had a Serial Dorker who would "^dork" people seemingly at random, but claimed there was a pattern. He got us all stirred up and then disappeared. Verrrry interesting.

Brad and Shawna met here at Songfacts, fell in love and Brad moved from Pennsylvania to Arizona to be with her. Terribly romantic. Match.com my foot...we are the newest online dating service.

Miamisammy's boss has put a web filter on his computer at work, so we have been going through withdrawals without him.

I have become even more charming and beautiful, if that is even possible. :grin:

What else? Help me out, people.

Welcome back, Jimmy. Don't you dare leave us again now that you've made such a grand re-entrance. We'll never let you live it down. :laughing:

Well I can say I was all peachy keen seeing your post Peaches. Anyway, I help set up server networks in data centers for my company and it took me to Eastern Europe and Asia. My company has offices in about 120 countries (give or take a few) and you know my company as it is popular here in the states as it was popular for your mom and grandmom and possibly great grandma as well! You guys can figure out the rest.

I think the most amazing thing of all that you mentioned is Brad and Shawna. Looks like we will have to keep an eye on those two. If a wedding is in their future, how will they expense the travel cost of all of us Songfactors?.....or do we get a video instead?

As for MiamiSammy, you can pass this along. If he is an AOL user, which I highly doubt because no self respecting surfer would use AOL, once he is logged on at work he can then open up AOL and probably get past the firewall at work using IE within the AOL application. AOL will act as the third party domain could put him outside of his company's intranet. It all depends how it is set up at his company.

Lastly, Peaches it is higly unlikely you can even become more charming and beautiful (hope I said that right...hehe) as you are already at the top of your game!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the WB

Hello, Jimmy!!! Did you take pictures? :grin:

Good to see you back... :):):) I think Peaches told you everything about the family by now... Old55 is back with the quiz every now and then, Laurie is the next land shark, it seems... and UncleJoe sweetens our days as usual. I can´t remember any other things right now as I´m posting with one hand while I type my work with the other.

This is my 14.001st post and my behind is fine as can be...

Hope you´ll post more often now... and tell us about your Marco Polo trip!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Edna, countries were Poland, Austria, Hungary, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and a stop in India. Of these places I really did like Selangor in Malaysia. Didn't take many pictures. I travel light. Next time though (Oh God, please don't let them send me again!) I will grab addresses and send postcards.

The trip happened the third week in August. I got to come back to the states for a week and then continued travelling.

On October 29 my dad passed away suddenly and I made a second trip back here for ten days. He was at a wedding far from his home and on the way back to the hotel room he dropped before hitting his front door. He had a massive coronary and died 12 hours later. I really miss my dad. He was always my best friend. I could share with him so openly and his advice was always the best. I wish you all could have known him as you all would have liked him very much.

Lastly, got back before Christmas and then back to work yesterday. That's it in a nutshell.

Yumpin' Yimminy. Welcome back Jimmy!

So sorry to hear of your loss. Treasure those fond memories of him and he'll be with you forever.

Peaches and edna pretty well covered what's gone on here in your absence. There are quite a few new posters who have added greatly to SF's personality. I dare not start listing them for fear of ommitting someone. You'll see what I mean as you cruise the site.

Anyway, enjoy your return. I look forward to your posts. Now, if you don't mind I'd like to hear more about edna's behind.