Happy New Year Songfactors

_Laurie_

johnny,you surely mean a "soupcon"(with a sedilla under the "c")...

bye-the-way....I was always taught that it was a 'cedilla' (cedille, in French, with an accent over the first 'e') but, because it is a pain in the arse to do all the fancy accents and dipthongs and cedillas on a qwerty keyboard (although not impossible) the grammatical convention is to substitute with an 's'....hence 'soupscon'....which, I think you may find is quite acceptable...

linguistically, semantically...and pedantically...yours..JG :neener:

Edited by Guest

bye-the-way....I was always taught that it was a 'cedilla' (cedille, in French, with an accent over the first 'e') but, because it is a pain in the arse to do all the fancy accents and dipthongs and cedillas on a qwerty keyboard (although not impossible) the grammatical convention is to substitute with an 's'....hence 'soupscon'....which, I think you may find is quite acceptable...

linguistically, semantically...and pedantically...yours..JG :neener:

I think you'll find you may be right on this one. Obviously my several years of study to achieve fluency in the French language were a total waste of time and tax-payers' money.... :doh:

But it's "by the way", by the way. ;)

My god...if BF and I are really one person then there's some seriously weird ******* going down here...what was that film with the woman who had dozens of personalities but none of them were aware of the others existence?....where's Diggsy when you need him?

:laughing: :laughing:

you mean Sybil?...not sure of spelling :P