Cruise: Biggest Star Of All Time and The Most Irritating

RonJonSurfer

Tom Cruise is the Most Irritating Actor

10,000 film fans have named Tom Cruise the biggest star of all time and also the most irritating actor in a poll taken to mark Empire magazine's 200th issue.

United Press International

Tom Cruise has come out on top of a British magazine's poll asking 10,000 film fans to name the biggest star of all time.

Cruise was also named most irritating actor in the poll taken to mark Empire magazine's 200th issue.

Kate Winslet was chosen by readers as their favorite actress while Kevin Spacey was singled out as favorite actor.

Cruise beat out No. 2 Robert De Niro, No. 3 Harrison Ford, No. 4 Al Pacinco and No. 5 Marilyn Monroe in the favorite category.

Readers voted Steven Spielberg their favorite director while Peter Jackson's 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy was voted best film franchise.

Steve Buscemi was crowned favorite unsung movie hero.

Copyright Yellowbrix 2005

I've somehow felt he has those cakey white buildups at the corners of his mouth most of the time when not in makeup. No reason I would think that, I just do. And that quite often he spits while speaking.

It's funny how we have these preconceived notions about people. I've seen movies where I'd swear the actor had bad breath - no reason for it, I just think they would. And when they film scenes where they've just woken up and they kiss - ewww. Breath mint first, at least.

I read once where when Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh filmed the scene in GWTW where he says, "You need kissing," etc. and then he plants one on her, she had a lot of trouble filming that scene because his breath was so bad.

P.S. Sue - I never had a crush on Tom Cruise. EVER. He reminds me too much of my brother, sad to say.

He's a good actor, but he should really keep his trap shut about things of which he has no knowledge. He is not a psychiatrist, and all the reading and research he claims to have done doesn't make him one. The way he talked about postpartum depression is an insult to all women who suffer from it.

I had postpartum anxiety and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, much less depression. It is not "all in your head" and you won't just "get over it". Whenever I get really steamed at my husband, I remember how he was the only one who let me just cry on his shoulder and not try to perk me up whenever I had one of my hormonal bouts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've always hated Tom Cruise...nice to know that others are beginning to hate him too...

There are only three of his performances that I would watch more than once:

1. Rainman

2. The Firm

3. A Few Good Men

.... none of which owe their success directly to Cruise's star, but rather to his ability to subordinate himself to the ensemble of great actors around him. "Jerry McGuire" almost made this list, but I think that is the beginning of Cruise taking the Tiger Beat reviews much too seriously.

He's a good actor, but he should really keep his trap shut about things of which he has no knowledge. He is not a psychiatrist, and all the reading and research he claims to have done doesn't make him one. The way he talked about postpartum depression is an insult to all women who suffer from it.

I had postpartum anxiety and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, much less depression. It is not "all in your head" and you won't just "get over it". Whenever I get really steamed at my husband, I remember how he was the only one who let me just cry on his shoulder and not try to perk me up whenever I had one of my hormonal bouts.

it's the scientology crap that has messed with his brain. I don't mind him as an actor, he has some good films that have already been mentioned (i quite liked him in magnolia, the role suited him perfectly!), but he is seriously irritating!

i've liked him in lots of movies and i enjoy him as an actor. he was good in collateral, vanilla sky, and loads of others which have been mentioned. but as a person he is entirely intolerable. i love brooke shields' retort to his comments about her taking anti-depressants. she said if he wanted to apologise she would leave to tickets to chicago for himself and katie in the box office, one adult and one child!

i hate his arrogance and the fact that he uses his platform as a movie star to try and spread his bulls**t theories about things he knows nothing about. i'm a big fan of alternative therapies and resistant to the 'pill for every ill' mentality. but nonetheless there are many cases where drugs are very necessary. i saw him on parkinson claiming that drugs for children with adhd are completely wrong and unnecessary. now, i wouldn't condone giving drugs to children at the first sign of hyperactivity but my mum is a primary school teacher and i understand the need in certain cases. i am very suspicious of scientology in general but particularly in cruise's case. at least john travolta doesn't preach on about it endlessly. i also think cruise is a bit of a sh*t in his personal life.