Please Sign This Petition

Tenacious_Peaches

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in french, there are 3 different accent marks to say how the letter should be pronounced.

There is a accent aigu where "e" would would sound like a long "a" à É à Ó Ú Y´ ---marks go right

Accent grave where a would sound like AH à è ì ò ù --Marks go left

and Accent Circumflex ô is pronounced like eau â ê î ô û --marks look like an open triangle

lol, thats what i remember from French.

This is very good, Paul... some French people don´t even know about that.

My name has the three of them: Hélène. The last "e" isn´t pronnounced. No "circonflèxe" though, now that I wrote it... but all the three "e" are different... well, my family names have plenty of them... :laughing: and with ¨, the two points on the vocals too... though I guess that´s more German.

Ive always wondered...and maybe you might know.

Does the French language change around the world? Like, Quebec...they pronounce words differently than they would in France...

Just curious i guess. Cause, my grandfather came from Quebec, and he was very french, my dad of course knew it. But, if i came home to speak to him in french, his dialect was different.

Dear Sammy's Boss,

As a former manager, I have learned that over the long haul, a business will become successful as a result of management-validated enrichment to employee morale quicker and more dynamically than a business environment in which strict adherence to work ethic and "big brother"-like control is enforced. Freedom to make independent time allocation decisions (sometimes referred to as "flextime") is a hallmark of a progressive and efficiently managed business organization. If you stop blocking your employee's access to the internet, you, as a well loved office manager will be reflected in the eyes of liberated, independent-thinking workers humming their way down the corridors as they follow a smiling, fulfilled Sammy to kneel reverently at the door to your office with the paperwork that shows another new efficiency record for another month. The other side of that coin is dire .... . Remember Captain Bligh? Mutiny is a very ugly thing. Besides .... we all saw you playing Minesweeper in your office that one time. Don't deny it. We have sources.

Ron "S2V" Beam who is not RonJonSurfer or any of those other guys who signed this petition