Favourite The Who Song?

Nicknameless

I had a few of their 45s in the 60s. Substitute is my favorite. It's just a GREAT Song - even the Sex Pistols agreed with me.

Nobody * ever gives Happy Jack a mention. I know it's light compared to some of their other songs, but it's supposed to be. Give it a closer listen. It's a fine Pop/ Rock Song. I prefer it to some of their "darker" material such as Baba O'Reilly.

* Correction - N.Y. Mets did.

:)

Edited by Guest

I couldn't tell you how ANY of those go; maybe if I heard them...I know some of the titles from Albums. I'm not a very big Who fan - sorry.

:P

^^ Same as Old 55! I don't know many Who songs, even though I have a double disc Greatest Hits here I haven't spent time listening to it!

You're sure missing something then. ;)

Thats a tough one, so I will give you favorites off of a few of their albums.

The Kids Are Alright - A Quick One

Who Are You- Trick Of The Light

Who's Next- Love Aint For Keeping

Quadrophenia- The Real Me

Who By Numbers- Dreaming From The Waist (as evidenced by my sig.)

Tommy- Were Not Going To Take It

There are soooo many more. The Who, The Beatles and X are the only bands that I can bring up the lyrics from the top of my head for most of their songs.

My favorite British band. As others mentioned, it is hard to pick out one favorite song. If I had to I would probably say Dr. Jimmy. There is also Love Reign O'er Me, The Punk Meets The Godfather, 5:15 and so on. For those of you who know the Who know I am going with songs from Quadrophenia because that may just be their best album ever. I would also put that album in the top ten of all time classic rock albums.

While Tommy set the standard for rock operas, Quadrophenia came across with a more controversial subject as well as it being more reflective of the Who's audience. So which are you, a Mod or a Rocker?