Stones vs. Beatles

Most people are either Beatles people or Stones people. I don't think their music can be compared, they are really different styles.The Beatles were great no doubt about it. For my vote though, it's definatly the Rolling Stones. They are true rock n' roll start to finish.

And they're still going!!

Hmmmmm..... Not sure about this.

[1] I would say The Beatles were more 'Rock 'n' Roll' and the Stones were more 'R'n'B'.

[2] I cannot think of a greater, more potent Rock 'n' Roll performance by ANYONE (including Elvis, Little Richard et al) than Paul McCartney on The Beatles' version of "Long Tall Sally" [plus there are also incredible Rock 'n' Roll performances by the lads on "I Saw Her Standing There", "Twist And Shout", "Kansas City", "Slowdown", "Roll Over Beethoven", "Dizzy Miss Lizzy" and "One After 909", to name but some].

[3] The Stones did stuff like "Lady Jane", "Ruby Tuesday" and the hideous "Satanic Majesty's Request" which disqualifies them from the comment that they were true rock and roll from start to finish.

[4] The fact that they're still going (although I believe Brian Jones and Bill Wyman aren't) is not to their credit!

I rest my case.

Martin

=========================================

I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you.....

I'm not a big fan for classifying the Beatles as "good boys" maybe in their early days (like 59-64) then their innocence started to fade.

Even pre-Fabness, The Beatles were no angels. When they were in Hamburg before hitting the big time, they got themselves into all sorts of trouble, including being arested for starting a fire. The only time they were masqueraded as 'innocent' was when Brian Epstein put them into suits [late 1962 and 1963] and they 'played the game' in order to get the exposure and open the doors for everything else that followed (including The Stones).

Statistical fact: 3/4 of The Beatles have been arrested for various offences (mostly drug-related), Paul being the all-time champ! Only 2/5 of The Stones ever got busted. So, as it says on the Sgt. Pepper cover: "Welcome The Rolling Stones...The Good Guys"! :neener:

Martin

=============================================

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer....