Tell me about Kraut rock

EagleEye0

No offence, Fitter, but I was there and I agree with Seeker...

I did like very much Herman Brood though, Nina´s Dutch boyfriend, he made some of the best rock and roll I ever heard... I believe he had trouble with heroin, I don´t know if he still exists...

No offence taken, Edna. I was neither agreeing nor disagreeing with The Seeker, merely expressing surprise that one so young would have any insight into Nina Hagen, given her relative insignificance in the overall scheme of things, and such a long time ago.

Having said that, y'now some "artists" can combine being "one big joke" with making vital and exciting music. I mean, Adam and the Ants for starters....

(Yes, folks, I am serious)

merely expressing surprise that one so young would have any insight into Nina Hagen, given her relative insignificance in the overall scheme of things, and such a long time ago.

We have some great young songfactors around... ;) I couldn´t believe it when Batman said he was 15...

Yes, Adam Ant is a good example of some good songs in a strange look... by the way, I just read that Herman Brood killed himself four years ago...

Awfully sorry Mr Fitter.

What for? You aint done nothing to upset me, buddy.

I might add, though, that because I have quite a number of German relatives, spent many a holiday there and have some knowledge of the German language, I do have some insight on Mrs (or is it Ms?) Hagen's remarkable career.

Probably a fair bit more than I have, by the sound of it... :bow:

But presumably not "smararse", (no hyphen, no"t")

Anyway, for the record: I happened to spend 5 minutes listening to an Amboy Dukes tune (for the first time)a couple of nights ago, at the same time as I was "SFing" (hence it cropped up in "what I'm Listening To Right Now") Don't think this classifies me as "a fan". Would hate you to get the wrong idea.

When do we talk about KrautRock again?

hey, ive been trying to get into bands like Can Neu! and Kraftwerk. whats the best album (no compilations) to start with? whose the best of three mentioed above?

Thanks

BTW, I just got the album "Neu!" by Neu!, and if you don't already have it, I suggest you get it.