Could You Be a Hippie?

flowerchild67

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

i know too many of those attention-seeking hippies to want to call myself one! my parents were hippies and they had a really cool time. and i embrace the concepts of love and peace and respect for everyone. but the people i know who want to be hippies seem to think it means you have to wear the clothes, go barefoot in public places like the pub, have dreads, not use deodorant and generally be dirty and unwashed. and they are nearly all from fairly or very wealthy families. i find this very hard to put up with and it's nearly enough to put me off the whole movement!!

I don't understand the not bathing thing, never have, just lazy I guess. But when I think of hippies, I remember the ones who believed in peace, love, and compassion for others. They wanted a better world and a cleaner earth. I see nothing wrong with that, and it is sad in some respects that those thoughts and beliefs got lost along the way by society. I'll admitt I like to wear a tye-dyed shirt and raggy jeans from time to time and I tend to buy cloths with the style of the times, but I as a person share the beliefs of wanting peace and caring for people. I always have, it can make you feel better just being compassionate to another person. So bring on the love, peace, and happiness...what can it hurt??

:beatnik:

:laughing: Joe , - you genius ! This may be the overlooked solution to the Middle East problems .

Given that women , world-wide, rule the world , why not have the troops offer tie-dyed burkas and possibly an assortment of colors ? Female Vanity and natural selection will soon reduce those garbs to the bikini and then President Justin Timberlake ( ~2020 ) will be able to announce ' Mission Accomplished ' . Bush claims that he's open to alternative solutions ...

" Bikinis in Baghdad " - a bit early for lyrics , perhaps .