Tell About James Taylor

_Laurie_

I usually listen to rock/classic rock, but I've been mellowing out a little and listening to James Taylor alot lately...I've looked up his biography, and they really dont say alot, just the basics.....I really like his song writing, so tell me what you know about him, or your thoughts...thanks.

He´s from Boston, everybody in his family is a musician. He went to London to escape form his drug habit in the mid/late 60s and he met Peter Asher, from Peter&Gordon and former brother-in-law of Paul McCartney and he signed a contract with Apple Records (it had "Carolina on my mind" and McCartney and Harrison played on it) He came back to the US and, still hooked on dope, recorded Sweet Baby James with the hit "Fire and Rain". One year later he had another hit with Carole King´s "You´ve got a friend"; he met Carly Simon and they were married for ten years, had a couple of kids and that´s how far I go... I´d have to post a link now... :)

I like him a lot, he´s a good though soft songwriter, with a beautiful voice and had a trendy look; I´m not a real fan, I prefer Carly Simon.

I am big JT fan, I reviewed Sweet Baby James in the album reviews thread...he is a wonderful singer/songwriter. He has a voice that pulls you in, so sweet and friendly. His battle with heroin was so terrible, it's amazing he is still here with us. I have seen him twice in concert back in the 70's and I would advise anyone who likes to listen to JT to catch a live show. It is a truly wonderful experience.

I too, love the music of James Taylor. He has a wonderfully smooth, silky voice and is one of the great singer-songwriters of the last 40 years. I like most of his songs, but my favourites are Mexico, Fire And Rain, Shower The People, Your Smiling Face, Carolina In My Mind and How Sweet It Is.

:):):)