• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How it looks at our house :content:

2008_1218christmas0003.jpg

The big man sitting there is our Golden Retriever Tank. Believe me when I say the name fits him. To bad the picture is so dark, he's a handsome man :D

2008_1218christmas0005.jpg

This is our pond and rock garden on the side of the house. DH told me he would tie a rope to me and I could walk out and see if it's frozen solid :stars:

what a gorgeous puppy! :D

He weighs about 80 lbs and is about three years old. Biggest boob of a dog we've ever had and we've had Golden's for many years :D

I've said this before... I'd love to live where you live.

You can come stay with us and Angel can be your tour guide :D

I am at work right now and no snow is falling yet. The prediction is for it to start in about an hour and 8-12 inches will fall. I told my boss that I taking half a day. I am a chicken driving in the snow, though, so I am hoping the snow holds off until after I leave.

Between Friday late morning and yesterday afternoon, we got over a foot of snow! It was all powdery, though, so while that's good overall (easier to move and scrape off roads), it was not good sledding. Thankfully, we found a steep hill that let us get a little speed and not just sink into the snow.

Today it's arctic. Bitterly cold and windy...but they are predicting beautiful weather for Christmas, so I guess it's OK

We have about three times more snow now than what it shows in the pictures I posted. Very unusual for my area.

They say this is the most snow we've had here in decades and we're supposed to get maybe 4-6 inches more.

There are so many people stranded in Portland I really feel sorry for them. The public transport systems are completely shut down. They say it will probably be that way till after Christmas.

My daughter won't be making it home unless we can go get her. The roads are to treacherous for us to try it yet even with our 4-wheel drive. She is about 2 hours from here. I miss her, I haven't seen her for almost 4 weeks :( :puppyeyes: