How cold is it where you are?

Mike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I stepped out from the warmth of my house this morning and was greeted by an old man sitting on a bench. His face was illuminated and he seemed to be staring into space trying to see beyond the stars.

"Old man" I called, "what are you looking at so intently?"

"Alas my boy" his voice full of joy, "Don't you see, can't you see? It's the sun.

The sun? I've heard of the sun but only in old books on the dusty basement racks of libraries.

I then gazed upward and lo, my mind played fantastic tricks on me. I imagined a fiery golden orb, brighter than any star I had ever seen and dancing in a sea of blue. I squinted to get a better look, but alas it went away as fast as it had appeared.

Puzzled, I asked the old man "What did I see, why was it there?

"That was the sun", he repeated.

"The sun? There is no sun, there is no God, there is no warmth", I boomed.

I turned to the sky again but the gray clouds once again enveloped all the world. A light rain started to fall. when I turned to address the old man again, he too had vanished.

I still have questions for the old man about when warmth filled our days and flowers bloomed and beautiful young ladies danced down the streets in sun dresses...smiling and knowing the sun would warm all of our lives.

• 3 weeks later...