How cold is it where you are?

Mike

And you wear dozens of jumpers and jackets to stop you from freezing but as soon as the sun starts shining you sweat more than in mid-August. I know.

But it's so nice walking home at night, with the light of the street lamps glistening in the snow, the air smelling cool and snowy, the quiet crunch of your feet on the ground as you walk and the quietness and peacefulness of a world covered by snow.

I should become a poet. :P

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And you wear dozens of jumpers and jackets to stop you from freezing but as soon as the sun starts shining you sweat more than in mid-August. I know.

But it's so nice walking home at night, with the light of the street lamps glistening in the snow, the air smelling cool and snowy, the quiet crunch of your feet on the ground as you walk and the quietness and peacefulness of a world covered by snow.

I should become a poet. :P

hummm indeed! ;)

• 1 month later...

I know global warming will ultimately destroy the world....but i'm loving it right now. We have not had one snow flake all winter and fall. Currently it is 60 degrees and tommorow it will be near 70! This will break the record high for the day. The 10 day forecast brings us to mid-month and it is not supposed to get much below 50 any of those days.

This is the first winter since 1888 that New York City recorded zero snow for December.

I may eat my words, but if this weather holds another 10 days...we can't have a bad Winter. Feb. can be ugly, but March is rarely too bad around here....I love it.

Marc and I share similar weather... it's in the 40s here at night, and hovers anywhere between 50 and 60 during the day, depending on the wind - or lack thereof.

I was whining today at work and wondering out loud when the warm weather will come back. I'm tired of hunkering down in turtlenecks, plus sweatshirts. Only thing I like about cold weather is a fire in the fireplace - and I haven't even had time in the evenings to enjoy that. Harumph.

Crazy, it's like we've swapped hemispheres, because we've been having cold weather instead of our usually ridiculously hot summer.

Our city and the mountains which run along this side of Southern NSW are blanketed in thick smoke from bushfires which is blowing up from Victoria, the state below my New South Wales.

Well... aren't you all the tough ones? We've had it mild the last few months, but now winter has arrived. If you wanna feel cold, come to my place. It's known as either "Windy-peg" or "Winter-peg" here on the prairies. Temp right now at -35.c and wind chill of -46.c... I've converted to F too: -31 F with W-C of -51. :wink:

I love winter!! :smile: