How cold is it where you are?

Mike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

laurie honey, any predictions of what the weather and temperature will be like in NYC on 8th april? maybe closer to the time you can help me decide what to pack!!

Well I'm in Western NY...Not NYC, so the temperature might not be the same...It seems that NYC is usually warmer than where we are...My daughter is going to NYC in a couple days...they said it was going to be in the 50's....so hopefully it will be warmer in April!

uh oh, what's 50s in celsius?! hope you don't think i'm being ignorant laurie, i knew you were in western ny, not nyc, but i think i underestimate the size of those places!! i'm sure i can get an online forecast anyway - i hope it'll be warmish - it's still freezing here!

I can emphasise with Farin. As a kid I lived in Germany (Gutersloh). We moved to a house in November and didn't realise we had a back garden until March...

Its all relative though IMO. The colder it gets in winter, the better prepared people tend to be... I was in China once when the temperature dipped below minus 30, and I didn't hear anybody complaining... actually the might have been but I wouldn't have understood... The Chinese used it as an opportunity to employ people as ice-breakers - gangs would be set onto streets with metal spikes, picks and sledgehammers to break it all up. I can't imagine for a second us Westerners agreeing to do that job for the greater good!

Regards