How cold is it where you are?

Mike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hawai'i is having an "El Niño"-type Winter. Long stretches of sunny skies, passing clouds, and not much rain. Normally, it would be rainy and miserable for tourists, but good for the watershed/rainwater replenished water supply. Overnight lows have yet to drop into the 50's Fahrenheit so far, with 78-85 Fahrenheit days. Normally tradewinds would cool things off, but Kona/South winds predominate, making it hot and sticky. The tourists are in seventh heaven, while locals worry about Summer brush fires and the threat of water rationing. Of course, we could have a nice, stormy Summer, instead. =:P

Yet another 50 degree day...yes! But there was a little rain...lame. I think the best weather you can have is a completely grey sky, 50 degrees, and no rain. It really doesn't get much more perfect than that. The cold is is too cold for me. The hot is too hot for me. 50 degrees is just right!

83 degrees today and, finally, no wind. The wind is supposed to pick up again in the next few days and there are again going to be "red flag warning" days.

I am starting to get the itch for a motorcycle road trip. The next one is at the end of April and we are just now beginning to plan. I hope I am physically able to go...

We are thinking about Imperial Hot Springs, maybe Blythe and a few other weird desert locations where we can observe the locals like Marlin Perkins. We usually venture into Yuma, too. My friend and I like to go looking for reptiles. I like to look, he likes to catch them. Especially rattlesnakes :crazy:

Do you think my family would notice if I vanished for two weeks and came along too?

It is deceptively cold here, and the thought of riding with the sun on my back and the breeze billowing my jacket really appeals right now. Just one thing though - could I come on a Guzzi Griso?

Regards

Do you think my family would notice if I vanished for two weeks and came along too?

It is deceptively cold here, and the thought of riding with the sun on my back and the breeze billowing my jacket really appeals right now. Just one thing though - could I come on a Guzzi Griso?

Regards

Seeing as how you are English, I suppose we could overlook the fact that you were not on an American bike. We have had Triumph riders in our midst before, so I guess a Guzzi would be OK. I think it would be great to have you along, Iain. A fresh perspective is always welcome, but I think the missus may notice that you were not around...

BTW, guzi is Yugoslavian slang for buttocks. I have always liked the idea of a motorcycle being called a "motor ass."