How cold is it where you are?

Mike

Well, it's been cold here by our standards, I mean it's not officially winter until 10:35am PST next Wednesday, I realize. But we have been down in the mid-20's over night and we normally are at the upper 30's to 40 for lows this time of year.

So my family sent me some pictures and I wanted to research where they originated.

Here is one of the pictures -

parked.jpg

...and here is the story behind it and some other pictures. http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/icestorm.asp

Ok, so it's not that cold around here.

Brrrr! How cold is it were you are?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-5 tonight , + 8 tomorrow ... the bloody tropics ! I'm off to Calgary on Friday and am expecting a -15 ~20 night a 0 day , at best ... :P :laughing:

Actually, Kevin, you should be in for a pleasant surprise. The high today was +6C(43F) and tomorrow's high is supposed to be +9C(48F). If you want cold, you should have been here 2 weeks ago when the daytime highs were about -31C (-24F). It was enough to freeze the ba**s off the proverbial brass monkey. BRRRR!!! Also, we have almost no snow . It may be a brown Christmas! Bah, humbug!

It is 33C here today, which is 91F. The temp for Christmas day is forecast as 38C which is 102F. So, pretty hot down here.

Katie, I´ll be at your place at 7 PM this afternoon!! I just take one bag (tee-shirts, short pants and bikini) and I´m bringing my Bangla Desh Concert dvd, we´ll watch it together! :thumbsup:

It is 33C here today, which is 91F. The temp for Christmas day is forecast as 38C which is 102F. So, pretty hot down here.

Lonelyday, I don't think you'll have to worry about it being cool on Christmas Day!

One of my employees is Australian and she's heading back for a visit starting 1/2//06. I told her i heard it was really hot back home....she guesses it will be 110 by then.

Yep, January and February suck, weather wise. My state has been placed on extreme fire alert and total fire bans for the next three days have been issued.

Depends which part of the country she's heading to. I'm in southern NSW which doesn't suffer the kind of heat Old55 would be feeling up there in Queensland.

• 1 month later...

Here in Windsor, we've not had any snow since a mild dusting in December. Unheard of. I can never remember a January with *zero* snowfall. And it has been mild. Mid 40's to low 50's mild. Wouldn't be bad, but this sun worshipper is a little down as it is always grey. Overcast. Or dark. Wake up, it's dark. Go home, dark. I cannot wait for those first glorious couple of days in late March when it approaches 70 and every cell in your body stretches and shakes off winter and smiles toward the sun. Seeing robins for the first time and smelling things growing. That exciting smell of earth, and green, the promise of summer. God I hate winter....