How cold is it where you are?

Mike

You'd never hack it in either my hometown (Chicago) or where I live now (North Carolina). Believe it or not, it can get very cold here in the winter. Not bone-chillingly cold like in the Midwest or the Northeast, but cold. It's 30 degrees right now, with a wind chill of 18. It's supposed to be in the 40s all week, so the 6 inches of snow we got yesterday will be mostly gone by Thursday.

It's pretty cloudy, but every now and again, there's a slight wash of sunlight as it tries to peek through.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Summer sucks. Getting heat stroke, heat rashes, and sweating through every piece of clothing you own is neither fun, nor enjoyable. It's far easier for me to warm up than it is to cool down, so winter is my favorite time of year. It's funny looking at all this snow and thinking that just a few months ago, the heat index was 119.

We got about 10 inches of snow here. My poor sister in south Jersey got worse and south Jersey is not as well equipped for snow as we are, so the plows just came down her neighborhood this morning. She called out of work yesterday and today. Winter is the one time of the year no one makes fun of me for living in the boonies.

Summer sucks. Getting heat stroke, heat rashes, and sweating through every piece of clothing you own is neither fun, nor enjoyable.

:stars: :stars: I can't stand winter or snow or cold... I love summer, heat (strokes? I never get heat strokes, it's never hot enough for me... I come from Hell!!) and I never sweat... :P I miss the soft weather so much... :P

tomorrow we'll have an expected max temperature of -10°C = 14°F ;)

I see Europe and the East Coast are freezing now... :P

I plan to go to israel one day and maybe retire there :shades: I was told it's hot.

We got about 10 inches of snow here. My poor sister in south Jersey got worse and south Jersey is not as well equipped for snow as we are, so the plows just came down her neighborhood this morning. She called out of work yesterday and today. Winter is the one time of the year no one makes fun of me for living in the boonies.

this was a strange storm. You aren't very far from me and we had 30 inches of snow.

This storm was no joke. Might have some interesting pics soon, but it was 20+ inches. Went to bed with no snow on the ground, woke up and there was at least a foot and it was still snowing. And crazy quiet. No cars, plows, etc. until it finally stopped.