How cold is it where you are?

Mike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

storms a comin tonight. If I play my cards right, I will be out playing in the rain and mud in my Jeep tomorrow.

I hope your cards played out well, cause you got the weather for it. We got pouring rain, and thunder (fairly unusual). :thumbsup:

I hated to hear of the earthquake in Chile ... we've even got tsunami advisories here! :P Hopefully this will be nothing like poor Haiti.

Edited by Guest
Tsunami! Good lord.

We got over 20 inches of snow starting Thursday morning into Friday afternoon. Work was closed Friday, but Thursday, they made people stay until 3pm. I didn't go because my daughter had no school, but it was ridiculous to make people stay that late in that storm. The plows could barely keep up with the snowfall.

The snow is so deep, we couldn't take our daughter out sledding in the backyard, so we did what everyone else did...used the street! The plow came later that evening and the street has been clean all weekend, but it was quite the experience for her.

Edited by Guest

65f right now (Monday March 1, 2010) but this same Thursday the high is only to reach just above freezing 33f.

Maybe I'm getting old (that's the first sign of getting old when a person says that) but when I was a kid I rememeber Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall.

Now, all I see is Winter and Summer!

It was bright and sunny this morning. I layered on the sunscreen and stepped out of the house. Little did I know...

FREAK THUNDERSTORM!

HAILSTONES the size of GOLF BALLS!

FLASH FLOODING!

Fire alarms, destroyed tramlines, sirens, power outages, and rain pouring through ceilings.

A glimpse:

http://twitpic.com/16vc99

http://twitpic.com/16v6wp

- 325 F . Pretty cold ; you're a bit crazy, too, if you don't wear a hat . Been shoveling snow but it keeps crystalizing into diamonds ... amazing ! There's been hail , too , but since it was only basketball sized , we thought we'd keep that to ourselves ... being of a British background and all . ;)