How cold is it where you are?

Mike

I had to laugh yesterday. :laugh:

On TV, I saw a news interview with a climatologist who said that the unusually cold temperatures in the midwest USA was a result of global warming. And here I thought we had turned the corner .. ;)

In Curitiba, it has been high blanket cloudy all week (little or no rain) and so temps have been very comfortable - around 68-70 F. Whenever the sun peeks out for more than a few minutes, the temps soar up to 80ish.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 °F / 6 °C

Clear

Windchill: 35 °F / 2 °C

Humidity: 31%

Dew Point: 13 °F / -11 °C

Wind: 14 mph / 22 km/h / 6.2 m/s from the West

Wind Gust: 23 mph / 37 km/h / 10.3 m/s

Pressure: 29.91 in / 1013 hPa (Falling)

Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

UV: 3 out of 16

Clouds:

Clear -

(Above Ground Level)

Elevation: 968 ft / 295 m

p><p>  At a hundred plus, Margaritas flo

15xobbc.jpg

At minus eleven, none of that stuff happens. Oh, you still deal with the Beagle gift, however, your toes collide with it and you need Tylenol extra strength to get the swelling down.

Most wonderful time of the year my arse. This is not fit for man nor beast....

-11C is only 12F. That's nothing where I come from. I can remember one day having to trudge to the bus stop (public transportation, not the yellow tin can) to wait for a bus to get to school and the WIND CHILL was -40F. They didn't close the schools down for that, you just wore an extra layer of clothes under your heavy coat and got to business. I had on two pairs of sweatpants underneath my uniform skirt, a sweatshirt over my uniform shirt, two scarves, a hat under my hood and gloves. I was fine.

There's nothing better than walking in cold, crisp snow and hearing it crunch under your shoes.

The school buses won't run if the temperature is too extreme - they don't want to risk it breaking down in the middle of no where with a load of students on board. Several times a year, our garbage trucks don't run because the extreme temps wreak havoc with the hydraulics.

It is getting down to -35C/-31F tonight and with windchill factored in will feel like -47C/-52F.