How cold is it where you are?

Mike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday started out beautiful, and then right when we arrived at our daughter's college graduation ceremony it poured!!!!...It was a long walk to the performing arts center and we got drenched!!!!...the umbrella I had didn't do much good. It got really windy, and I was freezing....but seeing my daughter graduate was well worth it.... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

65 °F / 18 °C

Clear

Humidity: 68%

Dew Point: 54 °F / 12 °C

Wind: 5 mph / 7 km/h / 2.1 m/s from the NNE

Pressure: 30.01 in / 1016 hPa (Rising)

Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

UV: 0 out of 16

Clouds: Clear -

(Above Ground Level)

Elevation: 968 ft / 295 m

• 2 weeks later...

Peering out my window,into the sky,I was stunned and amazed to see what appeared to be a large glowing orb. I thought back to my youth and I recall the village folk speaking of a fire ball in the sky that warmed the earth and bringing forth light to places of darkness.

Could this vision that I see outside my window actually be what the ancient mariners referred to as the sun?

Peering out my window,into the sky,I was stunned and amazed to see what appeared to be a large glowing orb. I thought back to my youth and I recall the village folk speaking of a fire ball in the sky that warmed the earth and bringing forth light to places of darkness.

Could this vision that I see outside my window actually be what the ancient mariners referred to as the sun?

Are you sure the moon is not on fire?

Are you sure the moon is not on fire?

Marc, It turns out that you were right. The moon was simply on fire. Fortunately, the monsoon-like rains that have fallen put the fire out quickly. We went right back to this ridiculous weather pattern. It is rainy, cool, and severe depression is setting in all around the area. This has gone on for week upon week.There is strange new vegetation growing that must be native to rain forests. I need the warmth of the sun.

Yep, the old man is snoring again today. He went to bed and he bumped his head and he couldn't get up in the morning.

Damn, I like rain but this is getting to be ridiculous.

I hope it's enough to rain-out the Phillies today as they are struggling offensively right now and the bullpen aint much better.