How cold is it where you are?

Mike

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a horrible, hot, unfriendly, strong wind blowing out there.

Look, I can handle the dust in my eye, the hair blown over my face and being nearly swept off my feet. But all I was thinking while that was happening was that it cannot possibly be doing any good to them bushfire things :stars: I got an SMS this morning about a severe weather warning and a total fire ban across the state. It really applies more to the outer Melbourne suburbs and the rest of Victoria but it's a bit on the scary side. I'm a teensy bit worried about the fire situation 'cos I know it's not all under control.

29 degrees and cloudy with a 60kmph wind... what freaky weathers these parts have.

This website features two cool videos that show Milwaukee's winter weather: http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2009/02/22/milwaukee-snow-videos/

It's so funny (and familiar) to see the cars get stuck. The first one looks like it could be from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

It was 75 degrees fahrenheit today my way when just five days ago we had ten inches of freezing snowfall. Tomorrow it's supposed to reach almost 80 degreesF.

The day after tomorrow they're calling for more snow!

Only in Virginia! I'll say it time and time again, if one doesn't like the weather in VA they need only to wait a few minutes, it will change!

:D

Well, Ms. Lea, I can't think of too many states where you can see both the mountains and ocean in a four hour period . . . You'd be very happy residing here!

I love my state, even though the rules are quite severe.

But, isn't that what keeps us safe or is it just a switch on the bare feet or palms?

Be well, my dear!

It's been wacky out here in the Great Pacific Northwest. Last Friday it was 60° on my front porch, Saturday the temperature fell 10 degrees in 10 minutes traveling over 10 blocks from the freeway to my house, (43°-33°) and then began snowing and hailing. Right now we are flirting with the mid 20's overnight and 40's daytime. Lows we've not seen at this time of year in 50 years.

Back up over 60 today. I'm heading to Wall Street for a meeting in a bit. It's a nice day to head into the city. My younger son (16) is heading to New York city today too. His TV production class is going to the taping of America's Got Talent. I never saw the show, but I'm sure he'll have fun watching how a show is made.