Sweet Baby James ~ James Taylor

flowerchild67

I find this thread to be rather cool. Giving your opinion on an album you enjoy and then others expressing theirs. This is my choice...

James Taylor has a voice that so inviting, friendly, asking you to come and listen to what he has to say. With this album he opened his soul showing you all the scars. Songs like Fire and Rain with the mental hospital experience and the suicide of a friend, so heart grabbing we all could connect at some level. With the lyrics throughout the album James touches on religion, personal idenity, relationship struggles, and everything in between. I bought this when it was released in 1970 and still play it now, I have never replaced it with a CD. I don't have the memories with a CD. James Taylor with this album let his listeners know he was an influential singer-songwriter. I never tire of hearing Anywhere Like Heaven, Country Road, Sweet Baby James, and the sexy blues of Steamroller. An album of my time that I recommend to anyone who has not heard it to take a listen. No matter what generation you are from.

great review flowerchild...Sweet Baby James is definitely a classic, one of my favorites that I would never get tired of listening to...I also posted a topic on James Taylor just today....a great way to find out all the info I never knew about him....I recommended this album for music of choice, which made the list!....I was happy to see that so many also enjoy this album too.