Boycott Artists on Satellite Radio??

Sweet Jane 61

Had to post today, this is a subject that has me fired up. As I am sure you all have heard Bob Dylan is hosting a show on satellite radio. Now being a DJ on free radio, that is disappointing, but it is a new world out there now. Well my program director thinks that we should pull all of Dylan's tunes to boycott him. I totally disagree...first of all we will be talking about satellite radio by telling listeners why his music is pulled, big no-no...and in my eyes that is censorship. The world of radio is changing, that is something everyone is dealing with, but I think that "free radio" will always be here, some folks just like the localism stations have, but I think if stations boycott artists who have a show on satellite radio we are giving satellite radio just what they want....listeners. So any opinions on the boycotting?

No boycott. If you boycott Dylan, then you'll have to boycott the next artist to do something similar, then the next artist, then the next artist. You stop playing their music, then you start losing your listeners.

It sounds that your exec may want to do it as a publicity stunt for the station. I would guess that it wouldn't work all that well. I advise against it.

He could say something like, "Rock (insert station name here)....where we play less Dylan so we could bring you more.....Stones (Kinks, Zeppelin, Floyd, whatever)". And then play a song or two by these groups.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :thumbsdown:

This sounds like a job for What Grinds My Gears...

Ok, you know what really tickles my pickle in a bad way? How people think they need to start controlling the decisions that artists make. Whats wrong with Dylan doing Satellite radio? Nothin...i think people should continue playing his music everywhere. On radio across the world. Music is music...im tired of listening to people make it out to be like a political party, cause thats the way it seems sometimes. People who truly love music know this. People who truly love music, would just do it for the music...not the money.

I agree, your program director probably will be helping advertise pay radio by the stations boycott of Dylan songs. Your radio station might even lose listeners who think censorship is a little too extreme.

Also, probably with Stern moving to pay radio, a percentage will follow. But how long will they stay. How expansive are the music playlists? For example, how big is the blues section? How often do you hear the same song?

Of course, you don't waste your time listening to commercials and such, but is it worth paying for it.

OH STOP GRAVELING! I hate it when people gravel! And dont apologize! Every time i show up its sorry this and sorry that! What are you doing?

Stop reverting your eyes!

AAAAMENNN!

Nah, im just kiddin. But, i believe Bluesboy...we waste alot of water on this planet. People like think it just shows up.

Ill tell ya, they dont have it so easy out there in space! They have to recycle there urine! (old man) I remember the old days were drank water no matter what color it was...it was wet! Thats all that mattered!

90% of the earths people are so materialistic that we sometimes take the simple things for granted. If you think about it...if we waste less...there will be more...and in turn things will be cheaper for our familys in the coming generations.

And what are we gonna do about this bottled water stuff...do you know that the Japanese actually own a glacier just for there bottled water? COME ON! What are we really paying for people? Ice...melted ice...geez,i can understand the 20 cent bottle. But geez...water doesnt even taste good! Why must we pay water bills too? Its a natural thing...from the earth...we dont pay for air! we dont pay for dirt!

Now GO FORTH AND CHANGE THE WORLD! PAY IT FORWARD!

BUDDY CHRIST HAS SPOKEN!

Sorry to get completely off subject!

I don't listen to radio too often, I still play my albums and CD's, but what that program director is thinking of doing is ludacris! And being a Dylan fan that got to me right off the bat. Radio stations are for music to be heard. I like radio from the 70's when stations would play whole albums and the DJ's knew the music they were playing. But to boycott an artist for any reason is wrong. Freedom of speech or freedom of song!

You'll end up with only a drop in the bucket if you don't pour all you have into this rapidly evaporative commodity Ron.

Nice thing about it is it can be frozen until things heat up again, hopefully it won't vaporize on you though, then you will have mist the opportunity to liquidate your assets.

Still, would love to have some profits falling from the sky some day?

Here's an excerpt from an article -

"We use about 70% of the water we have in agriculture. But the World Water Council believes that by 2020 we shall need 17% more water than is available if we are to feed the world."

source

Well...if you invest in 17% (and id have to talk to the Big Man Upstairs about this, Big Ol JC's Father) of the worlds water. And you protect it, then in 2020 you sell sell sell...and make trillions! Think about it...its a win win situation! And God will not pocket any money...but he will want your soul!

So...if you could sign here

_____________________X

Read the small print

.... ... . . ... . . ....... . . ... . .. .. . .

... . . ... . . . ........ . . ... .. . . . .... .

. . .... .. . . . ... .. . ........ . .. . . ..

. . . . .. . . . .. .. .. . ..... . .. . . . .. .

. ..... . . .. . .... . .. .. . . . .. ..... . ..

. ..... .. ..... .. . . . .. ... ... ... . . .. .