Tell me about David Bowie.

jman14141414

David Bowie is one of the most prolific and inventive musicians in the history of Rock and Roll...countless bands followed his musical leads as he constantly broke new ground with his songs.

Bowie is one of the rockers with true staying power. His career spans nearly 40 years from his early days as a pop musician in England, through hard rock (The Man Who Sold The World is one of the earliest and heaviest rock albums you'll ever hear), through dance music, through, well, hopefully you get the idea.

Search Songfacts for the favorite Bowie album posts (pretty recent) and you'll get a ton of recommendations.

I LOVE Bowie, as my avatar would suggest :D

Bowie is the king of reinvention. He's been so many different characters and people.

As RonJon said, he is one of the few musicians with staying power. I love him and his music more than I can explain, he's just so good at what he does. I like songs and albums from each period/transformation of his career.

Here are some Bowie related threads:

Favourite Bowie Album

The Width Of A Circle

Meaning Behind Space Oddity

I like everything David Bowie has done but my favorite Bowie album is his 1980 (maybe 1979) release "Scary Monsters". With this album Bowie experiments with New Wave sounds such as the classic "Fashion" and "Ashes To Ashes". Other great songs are "Up The Hill Backwards" and "Scary Monsters". Excellent album.

I Love Karen

You remind me of the babe

What Babe?

The babe with the power.

What power?

The power of the voodoo.

Who do?

You do.

Do What?

Remind me of the babe.

I saw my baby crying hard as babe could cry, what could i do?...

No one can blame you for walking away

But too much protection

no love rejection.

Life can be easy

it's not always well

Don't tell me truth hurts

little girl

'cause it hurts like hell.

But down in the underground you'll find someone true

Down in the underground

a land serene and crystal.

It's only forever