List 18 (the MoC section can now smoke)

Batman

We could always give a poll a trial run, for one list, just to see how it goes. I don't see any harm in it at all and it will help generate some interest in the forum which has been very quiet lately :)

Alternatively, if there are enough suggestions for a month, those should be the ones chosen for the list, or only albums from that list. It's not really fair to have enough suggestions for a list and only using some of them, and then adding in others from previous lists, some that might have already been used.

Or we should combine the Album Reviews SubForum and Music Of Choice as they now seem to be one and the same? It's a great idea having the list and there have really been a lot of suggestions made, it would be a shame to see it disappear.

I like that idea about combining the two forums, but I think it works fine like this.

You make a good point, Foxy, but I don't a poll is a good solution. Otherwise it becomes all about popularity, and the ones people have already heard, and MoC would become kind of...pointless? Not completely, but ah well.

I can tell I'm going to be a popular mod!

And by the way, if you want to stop me from suggesting music, why don't you post some suggestions in list 19?

I haven't said at any point that I want you to stop suggesting.

If I am going to spend time suggesting music, I'd like some fair way of having them chosen.

If I may ask, how do you pick the final selections?

I take two things into account, 1) how good the review is, and 2) popularity (how many people say something like "good suggestion, I like that album too"). Although #1 is more important.

But you've hinted at it

I just don't think a poll is a good way of having them chosen. It may be "fair" but it's not effective.

You've contradicted yourself by saying people should be listening to new music, and that's what Music Of Choice is all about, and then above you wrote:

2) popularity (how many people say something like "good suggestion, I like that album too").

I'm out on this one. I think the Songfacts mass should choose what get's shown, not one moderator. And I think you should have more faith in everyone that to say we will just pick the most popular and the ones we know. And you've said you are picking albums on:

1) how good the review is,

Who is to say we agree that the review is good?

There should be a way that involves little moderator interaction, and more Songfacts public choosing what they want to see.