A New song i would like to see here

Dwml

• 1 month later...

You mean Baba O'Riley, of course ;)

See? People doesn´t even agree about how to write the tittle!! :laughing:

They write it one way or the other... I always wrote "O´Riley" but I looked in my books, compilation cd, wikipedia and others and they say "O´Reilly". It´s "O´Riley" in Songfacts but there´s also somebody saying it´s the other way...

I deleted my post because I'd said that it was O'Riley too, not Reilly, but deleted it because it might not be true. I've read several pages claiming that it was misspelled as Riley on the cover of Who's Next, and the record company promised Townshend that they'd change it on the next issue. Then, the song got a lot of ariplay and people knew it as Baba O'Riley and they decided against changing it. (the record company)

Now, I've also seen some handwritten notes by Pete Townshend saying Reilly, but I suppose noone really knows how to spell it except for Townshend.

Didn't you also once show a new fishing pole to Elvis Presley? I think the conversation, as you told me, went like this:

Elvis - Hey, man. What's that fancy spinnin' thing on top? With the wire.

Ron - Reel, E.

Yeah, that was me and the King...then he drove away on his motorcycle with the front tire in the air..I asked him about it, all he said was "Wheelie".