Good Music Magazines

Batman

I'm looking for a good music magazine to read, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Right now I will ocasionally read Rolling Stone, but it has too much ads. In the middle of their "50 moments that changed music forever" article they had a 8 pages of sunglasses ads in a row. Too much ads. They also have a somewhat skewed view of music (they said that the concert in New York after 9-11 changed music forever, and have said many other weird things). Then I read 2 guitar magazines, Guitarone, and Guitarworld, but those had even more ads! They seemed to be nothing but ads!

So does anybody have some suggestions for good music magazines?

• 3 months later...

I used to occasionally read Guitar World, Hit Parader, & Metal Edge, on occasion Spin, R.I.P. etc. It all depends on your taste in music really. Finding a magazine that isn't highly ad supported, is near impossible. It seems like no less than 66% of a 'Zine covers nothing but ads, and most of the articles seemed to be written by a drunken monkey. :P

• 4 months later...

I used to read NME, Melody Maker, Creem, Crawdaddy, Rolling Stone, Interview and mainly Rock et Folk, an awesome french music magazine (which I still read from time to time) when I worked in the music scene. I guess it´s really old stuff right now... Rolling Stone isn´t what it was anymore and I don´t even know if MM or NME still exist... now all the news in music come to me through my friends and the web...

• 2 weeks later...

I used to read NME, Melody Maker, Creem, Crawdaddy, Rolling Stone, Interview and mainly Rock et Folk, an awesome french music magazine (which I still read from time to time) when I worked in the music scene. I guess it´s really old stuff right now... Rolling Stone isn´t what it was anymore and I don´t even know if MM or NME still exist... now all the news in music come to me through my friends and the web...

I read all of those...Circus too. I am happy to say i have a stack of vintage Creem mags sitting on my bookcasr behind me. Great early and mid 70's stuff.