OLD 55's LATEST MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

POINTS TO DATE (Not including Participation Points for Q1 & Q2)

Foxy, edna, daslied 5

UncleJoe 3

Laurie 2

Questions 1 and 2 are still current.

When you're looking at "things in common", if it's songs, I only use ones that were Hits or very well-known album tracks. Also, I try not to use very general things like "all had compilation albums" for want of a better example.

Looking at Q1 again, I probaly worded that too generally.

Q1. REWORDED.

WHO do certain songs made famous by these Artists have in common?

Herb Alpert

Bee Gees

Commodores

Q2. Which Artist or Group was named after a well known Movie Cowboy's horse ? (NOT the Lone Ranger).

NEW Q3. Please see Quizpic below. color]

:)

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q3 :Brotherhood of Man .

:coolio: CONGRATULATIONS KEVIN ! WELL DONE MATE. :coolio:

This lineup is the one that won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1976 (note the Trophy she's holding ?) with "Save Your Kisses For Me".

They DO look very Abba-esque don't they ?

I'll put on a new Quizpic soon.

Question 1 must be a bit tough. I might have to give some hints soon - and Question 2 - well I'll have to check your answer Kevin. It's not the one I thought of, which has turned out to be much more difficult than I expected !

:P

Q2 : Rush , who was ridden by Lash LaRue ?

I thought it was "Black Diamond" but he also had "Rush" I found on google. BUT whether the Group WAS actually named after the horse I don't know ! You've certainly got an "Honorable Mention" though Kevin.

I know for sure that the Group I'm thinking of DID take their name from this very famous screen cowboy's horse !

:P

Sorry Brad, not those Mate.

Laurie, was that for Q1? Paul Revere wasn't a screen cowboy. Then again, neither was Tonto ! :laughing:

Q3. NEW QUIZPIC.

I'm too lazy to get another book, so here's yet anotherU.K. Group - this one formed in the early 70s. Know them ?

04.jpg

Regarding Silver Bullet and Quicksilver, perhaps a clarification. The Lone Ranger's horse was Silver. Silver Bullet was what The Lone Ranger always left behind as his calling card. "Who was that masked man?" answered by, "I don't know but he left this silver bullet."

Quicksilver is another name for mercury, the element.

Silver Bullet was also the name of a movie cowboy's horse, Joe.

Whip Wilson rode a huge white horse named Silver Bullet. The name was later shortened to Bullet and later the name was changed to Rocket.