OLD 55's LATEST MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Q2, yes... I think Das is right. ;)

Oh, wait...I just read about Quicksilver and seems we´re wrong... may I change and agree with Katie? :P:)

So I think Katie is right and it´s the Silver Bullet Band, after Lone Ranger´s Siver (also called Silver Bullet).

Edited by Guest

Q1 - They've all released "Best Of" albums on Polygram, which is a record label.

Polygram at one point owned the label RSO, which produced the "Saturday Night Fever" (Bee Gees) and "Thank God It's Friday" (Commodores) soundtracks.

Polygram also acquired A&M records, which was started by Herb Alpert, and Motown, which was The Commodores label.

Q1 - They've all released "Best Of" albums on Polygram, which is a record label.

Polygram at one point owned the label RSO, which produced the "Saturday Night Fever" (Bee Gees) and "Thank God It's Friday" (Commodores) soundtracks.

Polygram also acquired A&M records, which was started by Herb Alpert, and Motown, which was The Commodores label.

I´ll go for my participation point agreeing with the guy who doesn´t like cliques. :thumbsup:

Regarding Silver Bullet and Quicksilver, perhaps a clarification. The Lone Ranger's horse was Silver. Silver Bullet was what The Lone Ranger always left behind as his calling card. "Who was that masked man?" answered by, "I don't know but he left this silver bullet."

Quicksilver is another name for mercury, the element.

Thank you, Uncle Joe... :bow: I´m learning every day... :):)

I must say that I watched "El Llanero Solitario", which was the Lone Ranger translated into Spanish... the horse was even called "Plata" ("Silver" in spanish)... :laughing:

Ah, too good I had my granpa around to teach me the right things... :)

No, no, Uncle Joe and Laurie, you know it´s HAL DAVID! :doh: :laughing:

It is Hal David, indeed...

:coolio:CONGRATULATIONS EDNA !! WELL DONE. :coolio:

You tell 'em Kid ! It IS indeed Hal David, Burt Bacharach's long time song writing partner. The photo in Q3 would have been taken sometime in the 60s.