OLD 55's LATEST MUSIC KNOWLEDGE QUIZ

OLD 55

Welcome%20mat%20beige%20L.jpg

HI ALL! BACK AGAIN.

THE OLD THREAD WAS GETTING A BIT OVERLOADED, SO WE'LL START A NEW ONE TO SPEED THINGS UP.

I'LL POST SOME NEW QUESTIONS AT APPROXIMATELY 12.00 MIDDAY SONGFACTS' TIME WEDNESDAY. (THAT'S 10.00 P.M. QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA TIME).

I KNOW IT'S THE BUSY SEASON, BUT I HOPE WE GET A FEW PARTICIPANTS.

EVERYONE IS MOST WELCOME ! WHO'LL PLAY ???

PLEASE MAKE A POST TO SAY, "YES 55 - I'LL BE IN IT".

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in....even though I have no chance with this Cash dude playing now.

You'll be OK Sammy. Didn't I mention they're going to be all Rolling Stones Questions ?

Great to see many of my friends are playing. Thanks for the good wishes.

Das, I'll put the rules on at the start of the Questions. That means I'll have to start typing straight after "Third Watch" finishes tonight, our time. I love the non ratings period when the TV channels put my favorite shows back on. :)

:drummer:

Great stuff ! Who are we missing ? I'm sure Edna will be in it. Should be a great game. Just singles this time, Kevin, so don't tell Shawna too many Brad. She might finish ahead of you yet !

My Wife "kills" me when it comes to lyrics, but when I tell her who wrote songs and other trivia, she says "so? I just listen to them". That's why I come to Songfacts, and I'd say many of our partners are the same.

:)

Hi Edna. That's great. :)

POINTS FOR EACH QUESTION WILL BE ALLOCATED IN THE USUAL FASHION :

5 BIG ONES FOR A WIN, JACKPOTTING BY 3 POINTS EVERY 24 HOURS THE QUESTION GOES UNANSWERED, BUT THAT'S UNLIKELY TO HAPPEN VERY OFTEN.

2 FOR AN "HONORABLE MENTION" (where considered applicable -

going oh so close, but....

1 JUST FOR PARTICIPATING IN A QUESTION. These are SO IMPORTANT! Many of our Quizzes were decided by only a couple of points and one was a DRAW !

UP TO TWO ATTEMPTS PER POST PLEASE ! OF COURSE, YOU MIGHT ONLY NEED ONE. ONCE I'VE SAID "YAY" OR "NAY" YOU'RE WELCOME TO TRY ANOTHER TWO (IF IT'S NAY!) DON'T FORGET I'M 10 HOURS AHEAD OF "SONGFACTS TIME" AND I SLEEP A LOT, BUT I'LL CHECK YOUR ANSWERS AND PUT ON REPLACEMENT QUESTIONS AS OFTEN AS I CAN.

THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL. :)

Q1. WHO do these Artists have in common? And what is it ?

Herb Alpert

Bee Gees

Commodores

Q2. Which Artist or Group was named after a well known Movie Cowboy's horse ?

Q3.

THIS VERY IMPORTANT MUSICAL FIGURE ISN'T A PERFORMER. MAYBE A PRODUCER, WRITER, MANAGER, DJ,

ROADIE ? THE PIC WAS TAKEN AT LEAST 30 YEARS AGO.

CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHO HE IS ?

01.jpg

Q4. Which 60s singer added a letter to his/her surname in the early 70s? It was done at the suggestion of a psychic to improve his/her fortunes, but didn't really work. (Surprise !)

Q5. A Group formed in the U.K. in 1969 had a Top 10 Hit there with the same song on three different occasions; more remarkably in three different decades ,70s, 80s (a Remix) and 90s. It's chart re-entry in the 1990s was attributed to it's use in the movie "The Full Monty". ANSWERED ALREADY BY FOXY !

What was the song and who were the Group ?

Edited by Guest

WELL, THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS I STOPPED THE QUIZ BEFORE ! NOT BEING ABLE TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE BOARDS. GREAT STUFF CARL - UNLESS 100 PEOPLE ALL TRIED TO LOOK AT THE QUIZ AT THE SAME TIME ?

:crazy:

ANYWAY, THERE'S NOW 5 QUESTIONS ON PAGE 2 FOR YOU TO GET YOUR TEETH INTO! GOODNIGHT AND GOOD LUCK ALL.

:stars:

Sorry, I just realised I typed all this on capital lock, but it'd take me forever to go back and change it.

Edited by Guest