The Cars

katie_sane

I´m glad we talk about The Cars!

I have all their albums (not much) except a compilation... My favorite is Candy-O, with gems such as "The dangerous type" and "Got a lot on my head".

"Heartbeat City" is also a must for me... they made some pretty videos with Andy Warhol. But if I should decide what album I´d take on a deset island... I don´t know, I guess I´ll take the five I have: The Cars, Candy-O, Panorama, Shake it up and Heartbeat City. I don´t have "Door to Door" though, and I guess I listened to it just a couple of times... I don´t know why I didn´t get it...

I found this site... Very informative!! :)

As I´m reading about the videos of "Heartbeat City" I see there´s only one by Andy Warhol... I remember I had the whole set of clips in 1985... sorry, here you´ll have the right information! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

I had the first two on vinyl and Candy-o on CD, but I just bought a good compilation with pretty well all their finest moments. Having said that, I think their first album is pretty well perfect in the sense that there's not a bad track and they move from song to song really well, one leading to the other in a way that Best of's and compilations never do.

The musicianship is superb and Eliot Easton is a very underrated guitarist.

I saw them live once but they weren't very good when I saw them, their voices definitely needed that 'studio touch'

But...a cracking albums band, and well worth getting into. IMHO :)