Ticket Prices

katie_sane

Does anyone else think that ticket prices for concerts are getting a little high??

The Eagles are coming to Australia, and for the first lot of seats the tickets are $559.90, the next level being $227.90............whoa. Now, I've been to concerts before at the venue they are playing, and let me tell you, getting anything less than the top seats is a waste of time. I can't believe that price!! :thumbsdown:

So, any other stories of exorbitant ticket prices??

For 559 dollars I could buy all of the Eagles CDs and probably still have enough left over to go to a concert that has a reasonable ticket price as well as the change left over to call and tell the Eagles' booking manager what they can do with 559 dollars and 90 cents.

:P

Ticket prices are crazy!!! Here's what I have found that works for me:

The last TOOL concert I went to in Tucson, AZ was at the TCC (Tucson Convention Center) seats in the "nose bleed" section were $40 a piece. So, I bought a ticket for that amount and my little brother and I sat in our seats as everyone was getting situated. The opening band was Tomahawk (with the lead singer from "Faith No More") as SOON as the lights went down for them to start the show off, I looked at my brother...smiled...and said "GO!" So we go running down the bleacher steps all the way to the lip of the 8 foot drop down to the floor and hurttled it! :laughing:

My brother, Tim, said all he remembers is turning around after he hit the ground and seeing my long blonde hair and black knee-high combat boots flying over the barrier! We made a mad dash from the security guards who were chasing all the people that were doing the same damn thing as we were....to make a long story short we ended up with front row seats!!

So the moral of this story is: Never pay full price for a floor seat ticket...you will end being angry that you did when you see the sea of people who paid less then you jump the barrier and end up standing right next you!

• 1 month later...

Depends who's playin'. I will pay $100 for certain artists like Chris Isaak and Roxy Music. On avg., I've paid about 65 for a ticket. Smaller acts cost between 20-35 bucks: I got a Death In June ticket for 30 and a Pixies one for 36. I won't risk getting kicked out by making a mad dash for the front row - esp. if I'm with a date, so I make sure to have decent seats near the center aisles, bring binoculars - and earplugs in case we're too close to the stage.

It sux that ma' has an ungrateful son like me, so I will be taking her to see Chris Isaak to make up for the crappy Mother's Day flowers I sent :P

$215.00 dollars for Neil Young and Elvis Costello at The Verizon Center last fall. That price was for seats 1/2 way up, stage left, and reserved parking. I will not go to concerts anymore since they cost so much. To top things off, there always seems to be a pair of drunkards that are talking louder than the band!