Imagine Avril singing Imagine

RonJonSurfer

Stars Sign Up for Lennon Tribute

Artists have recorded tunes for an Amnesty International fundraising project.

Avril Lavigne, Black Eyed Peas, Sum 41 and Duran Duran are among the artists recording classic John Lennon tunes for a new Amnesty International fundraising project.

The recordings will be sold as downloads through www.amnesty.org and will be part of Amnesty's new youth-oriented music campaign, which launches in January.

Lavigne has covered "Imagine" and the Black Eyed Peas sing "Power To The People."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2005

black eyed peas and avril lavigne, are they trying to make him turn in his grave??

black eyed peas...they'd make him turn in his gravy. :)

Could be a good thread here...which is the least appropriate arist to cover which song....Metallica's Whisky in the Jar was a travesty...but it doesn't count 'cos they've already done it....I'd pay good money not to hear U2 doing Stairway to Heaven... and even sell a child or two to avoid Coldplay covering Black Dog....what price N-Synch doing Rock the Casbah?

:):)

Here are some more artists that will cover his songs:

John Lennon to be honoured

The Cure, Snow Patrol and Paul Weller are just a handful of artists who will be getting together to pay tribute to the former Beatle, who was murdered outside his New York apartment building on December 8 1980 by deranged fan Mark Chapman.

On Thursday (December 8), Sirius Satellite Radio will host a four hour-long 'Lennon Live' tribute which will feature live performances from Dave Matthews, Weller, Jamie Cullum, Dr. John, Daryl Hall, Stereo MC's and Lulu taking place at London's Abbey Road Studios and the Sirius studios in New York.

Following two days later, on International Human Rights Day (December 10), 'Make Some Noise' will launch with the digital release of Lennon covers, including Black Eyed Peas' 'Power To The People', The Cure's 'Love', Snow Patrol's 'Isolation' and The Postal Service's 'Grow Old With Me'.

According to Billboard, the tracks will be available through www.amnesty.org/noise amnesty.org/noisefor $.99 per track.

Contributions from Duran Duran and Lavigne are set to become available early next year.

The project stems from the 2003 donation by Lennon's widow Yoko Ono of the rights to his solo work to Amnesty International.

Ono said: "It's wonderful that, through this campaign, music which is so familiar to many people of my era will now be embraced by a whole new generation." (nme)

Could be a good thread here...which is the least appropriate arist to cover which song....Metallica's Whisky in the Jar was a travesty...but it doesn't count 'cos they've already done it....I'd pay good money not to hear U2 doing Stairway to Heaven... and even sell a child or two to avoid Coldplay covering Black Dog....what price N-Synch doing Rock the Casbah?

:):)

I'd pay good money to see U2 taking the Stairway to Heaven..... }:|

Quote:Metallica's Whisky in the Jar was a travesty

No way! Metallica covers grow on me. Plus, it shows they have good taste.

I can't imagine what else grows on you...warts? fungus? lichen? You'll be saying they're a bunch of generous multi-millionaires who don't really want to screw a few more 'hard earned' cents out of their fans, next. :bow:

Well, I remember the 'Home Taping is Killing Music' campaigns of some years ago and the same old bunch of millionaire tossers supported that campaign, Elton John, Pat Benatar etc.....mind you, Metallica's 'give us more money' campaign was just another excuse to hate them....the real reason is that they are pompous, overblown windbags.

Anyway...we digress. I'd rather have a penis reduction than hear.....50 cent doing Brown Sugar :):)