Rate the last thing you read

Batman

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M...arcel Camus? :shades: :grin:

The director...?

A little bird, whose name starts with "ed" and ends in "na," told me there IS, in fact, a collection of short stories by Albert Camus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_and_the_Kingdom

Which makes poetrychick right :beatnik: Good suggestion. I'll have to order it or see if the local library has it in stock.

Edited by Guest

Hmm... so, edna... ca va? ;)

My friend is trying to persuade me to go to France with him this summer.

Moi ça peut aller, merci... toi ça va?

That´s the best thing you can do, mon ami... :cool: Go to France, not only you´ll speak French in ten days but you´ll also eat the best food in the world... character0242.gif

Good... :) but I don´t know what tale you mean... wasn´t there a Lieutenant Picard?

My favorite short stories writer is Roald Dahl. "Genesis and Catastrophe"... :P :P

And another tale about a man who found an old chest of drawers in a farm... some antique... maybe "Collector´s Item"?

Roald Dahl! Ilovehim Ilovehim Ilovehim Ilovehim! His adult short stories are just... wow :bow: :bow: :bow: I never tire of them

Ok, here are a list of short stories by Albert Camus, since no one believes that he actually wrote short stories: The Adulterous Woman, The Artist at Work, The Growing Stone, The Guest, The Renegade, The Silent Men. There you have it. And You must be very bitter Bitter almonds.

Well, I have rather listened to the Bible than read it. I believe every word of it. But, Right now I am reading Ulysses by James Joyce and Echo in the Darkness by Francine Rivers. Two totally awesome books. But let me tell you, if anyone ever gets the gumption to read the entirity of Ulysses, hats off to you!

I'm not too keen on the bloated, long-windedness of a day's event. I rather read stories told with as few words as possible, which is why I love Ernest Hemingway and the short stories of Anton Chekhov... and the poetry of Robert Frost: succint, yet they're so rich with unexplored and unseen ideas :beatnik:

Edited by Guest
misspelled name

Ok I have to tell you. One day in english class we took off our shoes and sat on our desks, played some Louis Armstrong and Bob Dylan, burned some incense and sat around and read poetry; it was so awesome. Our teacher tried to get us to use some slang, so here's to all you hip cats and daddyo's. :beatnik:

Edited by Guest

Ok, here are a list of short stories by Albert Camus, since no one believes that he actually wrote short stories...

No, no, no, you were right about the short stories and BitterAlmonds posted about that here:

... there IS, in fact, a collection of short stories by Albert Camus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exile_and_the_Kingdom

Which makes poetrychick right :beatnik: Good suggestion. I'll have to order it or see if the local library has it in stock.

... so you´re wrong again, poetlady... :cool: But wait, you were right after all... :shades: and what´s more, it seems they are amazing (at least that´s what my mother just told me on the phone...)

I'm not too keen on the bloated, long-windedness of a day's event. I rather read stories told with as few words as possible, which is why I love Ernest Hemingway and the short stories of Anton Chekhov... and the poetry of Robert Frost: succint, yet they're so rich with unexplored and unseen ideas :beatnik:

The Road Not Taken is the story of my life in 20 simple and beautiful lines.

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference. "

Well, I have rather listened to the Bible than read it. I believe every word of it.

Does this mean that you also believe in incest? Since the human race began with only Adam and Eve then, as Carlos Mencia said, "Someone *^%$@ his sister."

Must it always fall to me to point out the obvious?