Rate the last thing you read

Batman

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparknotes saved my life last year when I was supposed to read "Bless Me, Ultima".

that books title sounds mighty familiar... I bet I was supposed to read that in English a couple years ago... I don't believe I actually read any of the books I was supposed to in that class... but the instructor loved my writing and gave me A's across the entire year. :grin: :grin:

Edited by UncleJoe on 04/04/08 02:41:13 PM. Reason for edit: Corrected a grievous misspelling.

I know it's your own typo you corrected so that's completely different and you are a wonderful mod, but this reminds me of this forum I was on for a while... this one mod (who was 15 or 16) took to correcting other people's posts all of a sudden... she'd edit their posts and mark mistakes in red, and add notes on spelling and grammar at the end. Every single post :stars: :doh:

Edited by UncleJoe on 04/04/08 02:41:13 PM. Reason for edit: Corrected a grievous misspelling.

I know it's your own typo you corrected so that's completely different and you are a wonderful mod, but this reminds me of this forum I was on for a while... this one mod (who was 15 or 16) took to correcting other people's posts all of a sudden... she'd edit their posts and mark mistakes in red, and add notes on spelling and grammar at the end. Every single post :stars: :doh:

OMG I would have went gone to that site just to watch her doing it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: To Too funny. Maybe she'll grow up to be an English teacher :D

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I was rather sceptical when I got it (and the sequel too... both around 1100 pages) for my birthday, because it didn't sound like the kind of book I'd like... it tells the story of a cathedral being built in the 12th century, and the people associated with it.

I needn't have worried... It's one of the best books I've ever read and I had to force myself to put it down from time to time because I didn't want to finish it within four days. 100/10 :bow:

Ok you guys talked me into it. I have 2 new credits in my acct. for books so I'll give it a try. They just won the best audio book award nominations that Audible had going a couple of weeks ago. They ended up running up against each other(it was kind of like the tens we do. Process of voting elimination)and I think the 2nd one might have won.

I didn't get them because I didn't think they sounded like something I'd like but I see you guys thought the same so I'll give them a try :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. :D

Edited by Guest
Spelling error as usual.